Author Topic: Coming attractions: border violator immunity from prosecution?  (Read 238 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Coming attractions: border violator immunity from prosecution?
« on: February 26, 2024, 04:12:08 pm »
February 26, 2024
Coming attractions: border violator immunity from prosecution?
By Richard J. Douglas

The Biden administration has gone to federal court in Austin, Texas, to prevent the Lone Star State from prosecuting border violators for illegal entry and failure to depart.  They have even enlisted a State Department deputy assistant secretary to advocate for Central America and Mexico, instead of Texas.

Overrun by human waves of unlawful migrants and thwarted by the Supreme Court last year in its effort to force federal enforcement of existing law, Texas enacted its own illegal entry law set to take effect on Super Tuesday, March 5, 2024.  The law is known as Texas Senate Bill 4, or SB4.

The Biden lawsuit against Texas and SB4 pending in the U.S. District Court sends a stark message to governors, cartels, and their U.S. enablers:  border violators are immune from state judicial process.  Foreign diplomats never had it so good, and gangs like MS-13, 18th Street, and Venezuela’s Tren de Aragua are surely taking note.  But the Biden initiative against Texas SB4 is just the latest chapter in a continuing saga of immunizing border violators from the consequences of their illegal conduct.  Here is a brief travelogue along the road to impunity.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/02/coming_attractions_border_violator_immunity_from_prosecution.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Coming attractions: border violator immunity from prosecution?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 05:33:11 pm »
If they are immune from state prosecution by Texas, bus 'em to Massachusetts.

Let Biden's Open Border Policy cannibalize support from Dem states and municipalities.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.