Author Topic: Migrant arrests are up along the border in California and dropping in Texas. Why?  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Migrant arrests are up along the border in California and dropping in Texas. Why?
Story by Andrea Castillo • 33m

A new pattern emerged along the nation's southern border last month: Migrant arrests plummeted at the Texas border in January compared to the same month a year ago. At the same time, similar arrests soared year-over-year at entry points in California and Arizona.

Experts say a combination of factors is likely causing the shift, which has led to several thousand migrants entering California each week while they await court dates for immigration proceedings.

Stepped-up enforcement efforts by the governments of Mexico, Panama and Colombia, and heightened violence by cartels on the Mexican side of the Texas border have likely slowed expected migration into that state.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrant-arrests-are-up-along-the-border-in-california-and-dropping-in-texas-why/ar-BB1iU1Nr?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=9c2cca20376648b5979c4642245f0cb6&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson