Author Topic: US Admiral Warns China Could Launch Surprise Attack From Military Drills  (Read 310 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US Admiral Warns China Could Launch Surprise Attack From Military Drills
Story by Micah McCartney • 2h

China's military is perilously close to being able to launch a surprise offensive against Taiwan, the commander of the U.S. Pacific fleet has warned.

Adm. Samuel Paparo, whom President Joe Biden has nominated as the next head of the Indo-Pacific Command, said the U.S. military will need to leverage innovations like machine learning and drone swarming technology to get a "stare instead of a blink" on China's military movements.

U.S. intelligence said last year Chinese leader Xi Jinping had ordered the People's Liberation Army (PLA) to be ready to invade Taiwan by 2027. Many U.S. analysts have said Chinese preparations for war with Taiwan would likely be obvious months, if not a years, before any attack. However, former senior CIA intelligence analyst John Culver warned the potential for a smaller-scale campaign against outlying islands just off the Chinese coast, like Kinmen, is often overlooked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-admiral-warns-china-could-launch-surprise-attack-from-military-drills/ar-BB1iTCSE?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=9c2cca20376648b5979c4642245f0cb6&ei=77
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Admiral Warns China Could Launch Surprise Attack From Military Drills
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 11:48:10 am »
I'm sure Benedict Milley had a reciprocal deal with China where they wouldn't attack without first notifying the Pentagon. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson