Author Topic: Why California’s climate disclosure law should doom green energy  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why California’s climate disclosure law should doom green energy
February 23rd, 2024

California prides itself on being a leader with respect to tackling climate change.  This is because they believe, albeit on shaky scientific grounds, that their citizens “already” face devastating consequences inflicted on them by manmade global warming – including wildfires, sea level rise, drought, climate refugees, and other impacts that “threaten their health and safety”.

Thus, to lower their state’s carbon footprint, the legislature recently passed a law requiring all companies doing over $1 billion in business within California to “publicly disclose” (by 2026) all their “direct” greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions stemming from fuel combustion they utilize, as well as all “indirect” GHG emissions derived from the electricity, heating and cooling they consume.

By 2027, they must also disclose “indirect upstream and downstream” GHGs emitted by sources they do not own or directly control but from which they purchase goods and services, including GHG emissions associated with the “processing and use of sold products.”

https://www.cfact.org/2024/02/23/why-californias-climate-disclosure-law-should-doom-green-energy/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=why-californias-climate-disclosure-law-should-doom-green-energy&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=why-californias-climate-disclosure-law-should-doom-green-energy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson