Author Topic: Biden Admin Cited ‘Indigenous Knowledge’ As Reason To Block Oil And Gas Leases  (Read 252 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOSEPH SIMONSON ON FEB 20, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS

Biden Admin Cited ‘Indigenous Knowledge’ As Reason To Block Oil And Gas Leases

When the Biden administration stepped in last year to block seven oil and gas leases in Alaska, it said it was doing so in part to recognize the “Indigenous Knowledge” of the Native Americans who originally inhabited the land.

The move was indicative of the administration’s embrace in late 2022 of “Indigenous Knowledge”—that is, Native American folk wisdom—as part of their scientific assessments. [emphasis, links added]

So when Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland [pictured above] announced on Sept. 6, 2023, that the entire United States Arctic Ocean was off limits to new oil and gas leasing, and canceled seven oil and gas leases issued by former president Donald Trump after a review, she cited “the best available science” and said the decision was also a “recognition of the Indigenous Knowledge of the original stewards of this area.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-admin-cited-indigenous-knowledge-as-reason-to-block-oil-and-gas-leases/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson