Author Topic: No, inflation wasn’t 9% when Biden took office  (Read 165 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, inflation wasn’t 9% when Biden took office
« on: May 17, 2024, 10:30:54 am »

No, inflation wasn’t 9% when Biden took office
© Provided by VERIFY

On May 8, President Joe Biden claimed the inflation rate was at 9% when he took office in January 2021 during an interview with CNN’s Erin Burnett.

“No president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation. It was 9% when I came into office, 9%,” Biden said.

The president cited the same statistic during an interview with Yahoo Finance on May 14.

“I think inflation has gone slightly up,” he said. “It was at 9% when I came in and it’s now down around 3%.”

Multiple VERIFY readers, including Laura, want to know if the inflation rate was actually 9% when Biden assumed the presidency in 2021.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/no-inflation-wasn-t-9-when-biden-took-office/ar-BB1mwyCn?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6739973f982149d883c49c79781b4c1e&ei=54
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson