Author Topic: Biden’s Net-Zero agenda spells trouble down on the farm and supermarket  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Net-Zero agenda spells trouble down on the farm and supermarket
February 22nd, 2024

Feeling the heat from farmers dumping manure in front of government buildings across the Continent, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is pumping the brakes on a pillar of the European Union’s Net-Zero climate policy and withdrawing an EU-wide bill that would force farmers to reduce the use of chemical pesticides by 50% by 2030.

With elections to the European Parliament in Brussels set for later this year, backing away from one of Net-Zero’s most radical measures is an act of political realism. Europe is being rocked by soaring energy and food prices, much of it brought on by the political class’s obsession with lowering greenhouse gas emissions from all sources, including agriculture. With peasants running amok, the “climate crisis” will just have to wait.

Blissfully oblivious to what’s happening across the pond, the Biden administration is doubling down on its own version of Net-Zero emissions, and the American public may be in for some nasty surprises. And a new report by the Columbus, Ohio-based Buckeye Institute shows just how nasty those surprises will be. The report “Net-Zero Climate-Control Policies Will Fail the Farm”, was authored by Trevor W. Lewis and M. Ankith Reddy.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/02/22/bidens-net-zero-agenda-spells-trouble-down-on-the-farm-and-supermarket/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson