State Chapters > Pennsylvania

Pittsburgh Bureau of Police confirms major changes 11 Investigates first told you about

<< < (3/3)

mountaineer:
This just in from Verona, Pa.: Shortage of local police, 2 violent crimes have Verona residents on edge.
--- Quote ---... The crimes — an assault near popular Cribbs Field and an armed robbery on the 700 block of Maple Street — have residents nervous and borough officials trying to hire more police.

Instead of borough police, state police responded to the assault from their Coraopolis police station nearly 30 miles away, Verona Borough Manager Stefanie Woolford said.

Hours later, the armed robbery occurred. Home doorbell video footage shows several people robbing a home on Maple Street, then driving away.

Local officers weren’t informed until the next day, according to Allegheny County Police, who’ve since taken over the investigation. ...
--- End quote ---

Fishrrman:
Mountaineer posted above:
"This just in from Verona, Pa.: Shortage of local police, 2 violent crimes have Verona residents on edge."

Sounds like it's time for the formation of a "citizen's police" to handle these matters on their own...
(and I do not post this in jest...)

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on May 09, 2024, 10:17:29 pm ---Mountaineer posted above:
"This just in from Verona, Pa.: Shortage of local police, 2 violent crimes have Verona residents on edge."

Sounds like it's time for the formation of a "citizen's police" to handle these matters on their own...
(and I do not post this in jest...)

--- End quote ---

I applaud the spirit of the post, just who in their right mind would volunteer in an area where judges are liberal and would throw you under the jail for what was considered just punishment years ago. Town is 96% white... wonder the makeup of the criminals (judging by the FB page by the dept, the usual).

LMAO:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on April 27, 2024, 03:10:21 pm ---Have they figured out yet who's to blame for this?

--- End quote ---

Like the Chicago mayor did, I’m sure Pittsburgh’s problems will be blamed by right wingers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version