Author Topic: Chaos erupts in hearing as Greene, Ocasio-Cortez clash over ‘fake eyelashes’ jibe at Crockett  (Read 1249 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Once in a great while a thread going off the rails is the best path, this being one.

Race Card played ... haven't we reached the point where the whole nation yawns in unison when that is done?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MTG will end up apologizing on the House floor....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

MTG will end up apologizing on the House floor....

I hope not.....No...don't give in to the most liberal bat crap crazy DEM in the House!

AOC even has Mad Maxine beat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Years ago, we had a nurse manager that was giving me my year-end evaluation and  she confided in me that she prefers to work around men versus women because women fight and complain

My firm's female office manager said the same thing.   There is something about women always competing against each other, even their friends.  Guys will much more readily accept a pecking order if one exists without it gnawing at them every day.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 08:34:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline berdie

Not just any female should be in a position of power, which these harpies have proven. Every single one of them, including MTG, behaved poorly.

No they shouldn't. It really ticks me off because it reinforces some people's claims that women shouldn't be in government. There are plenty of smart women that can make smart decisions and not act like idgets.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think this needs to be resolved with a cage match on Capitol grounds.   :cool:
Only if PPV and ticket sales proceeds go to reducing the National Debt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who is Jasmine Crockett, the Texas representative who blasted MTG in House hearing?
By
Annabella Rosciglione
May 17, 2024 12:53 pm

Rep. Jasmine Crockett (D-TX), a freshman representative representing Dallas, and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) got into a heated argument during the House Oversight Committee hearing Thursday night.

The chaos in the hearing, which was pushed back to allow some Republicans time to go to New York in support of former President Donald Trump during his criminal hush money trial, started when Greene asked about Judge Juan Merchan’s daughter. Merchan is presiding over Trump’s trial. Crockett said the question was irrelevant to the hearing, which prompted Greene to insult Crockett’s eyelashes.

“I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you’re reading,” Greene said.

Crockett later asked Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) for clarification regarding the rules on the House’s standard of decorum.

“I’m just curious, just to better understand your ruling,” Crockett said. “If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody’s bleach-blonde, bad-built, butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?”

Crockett, who has quietly been making a name for herself as a Democratic agitator to counterbalance some of the more brash GOP personalities on the Oversight Committee, seemed to have burst onto the scene Thursday night, but she didn’t come from nowhere.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/3007903/who-is-jasmine-crockett/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

WRT Crockett, WTH is a Rep from Dallas (raised in St. Louis, MO - not farm country - where she attended private schools) doing on the Agriculture Committee? Does she know enough about ag to know that milk and beef comes from cows?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 11:48:15 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline corbe

Get used to it Briefers this is the New and Improved GOP, under Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Crawford said MTG had a "butch body"?  Isn't that homophobic/anti-lesbo?
« Last Edit: Today at 04:00:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nice performance. Looks like AOC's ego is applying for statehood.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Nice performance. Looks like AOC's ego is applying for statehood.

@Wingnut

Love the avatar.  My brother lived in Germany for awhile and said the Germans absolutely loved Al Bundy.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Wingnut

Love the avatar.  My brother lived in Germany for awhile and said the Germans absolutely loved Al Bundy.

LOL!  Yeah, but who didn't like Al Bundy?  Well, besides (Some woman in Michigan)Terry Rakolta!  It was rumored that the Cast sent Rakolta flowers every year while the show was in production!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.