Author Topic: The Swamp Always Wins: Mike Johnson Expects to Lead House Republicans After Election  (Read 235 times)

Maj. Bill Martin and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Swamp Always Wins: Mike Johnson Expects to Lead House Republicans After Election

Wendell Husebø 8 May 2024

Embattled House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) expects to remain the GOP House leader after the November elections, he told reporters Tuesday.

Johnson appears to feel entitled to the post despite forming a coalition government with House Democrats.

He faces a motion to vacate the speakership on Wednesday after allowing Democrats to seize the House to pass President Joe Biden’s campaign promises. Democrats are pleased with Johnson’s willingness to help pass Biden’s agenda. In turn, Democrats, such as Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and establishment Republicans are expected to help Johnson to remain in power.

If Johnson survives the motion to vacate, he will likely lead the Republican House conference through election day. His chief responsibility is to help Republicans maintain control of the House. Johnson’s chances of success appear narrow to slim, according to the layout of the electoral map.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/05/08/the-swamp-always-wins-mike-johnson-expects-to-lead-house-republicans-forever/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, he probably will.  Minority Leader.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yeah, he probably will.  Minority Leader.

No, Speaker.  The election is on November 5, but this Congress remains in session until early January so he'll remain Speaker through the election.

Whether or not he's elected Speaker of the next Congress is an entirely different matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, Speaker.  The election is on November 5, but this Congress remains in session until early January so he'll remain Speaker through the election.

Whether or not he's elected Speaker of the next Congress is an entirely different matter.

Unless enough Republicans walk off the job right now.  But after the election there's a good chance we'll lose the House.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Um, wasn't it the House Republicans who voted to make Johnson Speaker?  Once again, House Republicans are foiled by themselves.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Um, wasn't it the House Republicans who voted to make Johnson Speaker?  Once again, House Republicans are foiled by themselves.

Pretty much every time they get the majority.  Name a Republican Speaker that was worth a crap.  Gingrich came closer than normal to a conservative, before he flamed out in disgrace with Helmet Head with the crazy eyes.  Even he caved to Clinton before 1995 was out.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:11:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Unless enough Republicans walk off the job right now.  But after the election there's a good chance we'll lose the House.

Agreed.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Pretty much every time they get the majority.  Name a Republican Speaker that was worth a crap.  Gingrich came closer than normal to a conservative, before he flamed out in disgrace with Helmet Head with the crazy eyes.  Even he caved to Clinton before 1995 was out.

The problem Gingrich faced is the same one faced by every Speaker: just because the Speaker is the head of the conference doesn't mean he can control the way all of his members vote.  The more conservative an agenda that is pushed, the more likely you are to bleed GOP votes from the moderate wing of the party.

Tip O'Neill didn't want to pass most of Reagan's agenda, but blue dog Democrats crossed over to support it so he couldn't stop it.