Author Topic: Mike Pence’s Group Sends Memo Defending Trump Tax Cuts As Senate Weighs Action  (Read 416 times)

Offline libertybele

Not that Pence is exactly popular but for what it's worth .....

Mike Pence’s Group Sends Memo Defending Trump Tax Cuts As Senate Weighs Action

Former Vice President Mike Pence’s group Advancing American Freedom (AAF) is sending a memo to congressional offices on Wednesday praising the Trump-era tax cuts, the Daily Caller News Foundation first learned.

AAF is sending the memo, obtained by the DCNF, to every congressional office arguing the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) grew household income and lowered marginal tax rates. Many of the TCJA’s provisions are set to expire at the end of 2025, while the Senate has yet to take action on a bipartisan tax deal passed by the House earlier this year.

“The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provided the greatest tax relief for hard working Americans since the Reagan Administration. Despite doom and gloom projections from the media, the data is clear: American families won,” AAF Chairman Marc Short told the DCNF in a statement. “TCJA delivered more dollars into the pockets of American families than ever before while growing the economy, increasing federal revenues, and delivering a corporate tax rate more competitive with other global developed economies.”

The Republican-controlled House passed the Tax Relief for American Families and Workers Act of 2024 back in January, which was negotiated between GOP House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith and Democratic Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden.............

https://www.conservativereview.com/exclusive-mike-pences-group-sends-memo-defending-trump-tax-cuts-as-senate-weighs-action-2668198714.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Whoop de doo.  If Pence had done his job in 2021, Trump would still be President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Whoop de doo.  If Pence had done his job in 2021, Trump would still be President.

Please tell me this isn't that "Pence refused to let the House and Senate vote on the election objections" myth again....

Offline libertybele

....hmmm.... interesting that Pence would defend Trump at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen: Him and John Roberts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Please tell me this isn't that "Pence refused to let the House and Senate vote on the election objections" myth again....

If you say so.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Was it a sternly worded memo?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

....hmmm.... interesting that Pence would defend Trump at all.

He's not defending Trump - he's defending a particular piece.of legislation that Pence supported when it was oassed, and that he still supports.  He's actually been very consistent about saying that he is proud of a lot of the policy achievements of the Trump Administration.

It's Trump's personal conduct where he has the issues.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If you say so.   *****rollingeyes*****

If you have any evidence that didn't happen, I'd be happy to see it.  Or, I can repost all the stuff I've posted in the past to show that it did happen.  Including the time-stamped video of the actual debate and votes held on the objections in evening/early morning of January 6 and 7.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you have any evidence that didn't happen, I'd be happy to see it.  Or, I can repost all the stuff I've posted in the past to show that it did happen.  Including the time-stamped video of the actual debate and votes held on the objections in evening/early morning of January 6 and 7.

I am sure that "it happened," that is not the point.  The point is, he was in a position to challenge a lot of now known bad ballots, and he chose not to.  The ballots were in dispute for good reason.

I am not willing to argue too much further, but if you wonder why Briefers in general don't like Pence, that is why.  I am sure he is a fine man, and we have to keep him away from any real power.
I will NOT comply.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I wouldn't vote for Pence regardless.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions