Author Topic: Rick Scott launches second run to replace McConnell as GOP leader  (Read 70 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rick Scott launches second run to replace McConnell as GOP leader
By
David Sivak
May 22, 2024 5:28 pm

Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) will launch a second run for GOP leader in the fall, according to a letter sent to his colleagues on Wednesday.

He joins two other Republicans, Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-SD) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), in the race to succeed Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

“I have decided to run for Senate Republican leader because I believe now is a moment we need dramatic change,” Scott said in the letter, obtained by the Washington Examiner. “I believe that our voters want us to use this leadership election to make a choice to upend the status quo in Washington.”

“If you also believe this to be true and want a leader dedicated to that principle, I would be honored
to have the opportunity to earn your support,” he added.

This story is breaking. Please check back for updates.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/3014024/rick-scott-second-run-replace-mcconnell-gop-leader/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline collins

Re: Rick Scott launches second run to replace McConnell as GOP leader
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 11:34:19 pm »
yeah, they had Ted Cruz on one of these news shows today and he said he'd voted for Rick the last time but wouldn't commit just yet. There's several others running for ML, including the inferior senator from Texas. Mitch should've already resigned, he has the Biden problem.