Author Topic: Senate votes to cancel Biden gas furnaces regulation with help from Democrats  (Read 46 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate votes to cancel Biden gas furnaces regulation with help from Democrats
By
Nancy Vu
May 21, 2024 7:03 pm

The Senate approved a resolution that would roll back the Department of Energy’s energy efficiency standards for gas furnaces, setting the measure up for an expected veto from President Joe Biden.

The disapproval resolution, introduced by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), would overturn a finalized rule from the DOE that would mandate energy efficiency standards for residential gas furnaces, with the aim of saving consumers money and cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

Cruz and other Republicans said the policy would effectively ban all non-condensing furnace models, forcing consumers to either adopt electric heat pumps or pay a high price to meet the requirements of the new residential furnaces.

“This rule is a continuation of the Biden administration’s capitulation to environmental radicals who value following climate dogma more than helping families actually provide for their kids and save for the future,” Cruz said during floor remarks.

The measure passed 50 to 45 with support of all present Republicans. Several Democrats crossed the aisle, including Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), and Bob Casey (D-PA), as well as Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ).

Earlier on Tuesday, the White House issued a statement of administrative policy stating Biden would veto the measure, defending the rule as “technologically feasible, and economically justified.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-and-environment/3012242/senate-votes-cancel-biden-gas-furnace-regulation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Implementing regulations that increase home utility prices is NOT the way to fight inflation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.