Author Topic: Herd of puppets to trek 20,000km to highlight urgency of climate crisis  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Herd of Giant Puppets Trekking 20,000KM to Hilight the Climate Crisis
14 hours ago Eric Worrall 52 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

And you thought climate scientists teaming up with comedians was strange.

Team behind Little Amal puppet hope to create ‘visceral engagement’ with issues caused by climate emergency

Lanre Bakare Arts and culture correspondent
Thu 22 Feb 2024 18.00 AEDT

The production team behind the Little Amal puppet, which raised awareness about the plight of the refugee crisis in Europe, hope their next project – a herd of animal puppets going on a 20,000km trek – will start a new global conversation about the climate crisis.

Amir Nizar Zuabi, the Palestinian artist who helped launch the Amal project, said The Herd – which will tour through several African and European cities and feature dozens of puppets – will be a “soft, beautiful evocation to think differently” about the climate crisis.

“Climate change is the biggest story we’re facing now,” said Zuabi. “It’s often presented in terms of emissions and the Kyoto agreement – people struggle to fathom that, but what Amal did beautifully and what we hope The Herd becomes is a visceral engagement with the issue.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/02/22/herd-of-giant-puppets-trekking-20000km-to-hilight-the-climate-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson