Author Topic: 'We don't have the money.' Close the border. We don't care for people already here.  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'We don't have the money.' Close the border. We don't care for people already here.
Opinion by James E. Causey, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel • 11h

America has a border crisis that is engulfing communities thousands of miles away as migrants, many sent in buses paid for by Republican state leaders in Texas and Florida, are arriving in cities with Democratic mayors.

Federal agents had 2.5 million encounters with migrants at the southern border in the 2023 fiscal year, from October 2022 through September 2023, according to Customs and Border Protection data.

Many of these migrants have sought asylum in cities like Denver, Chicago, West Springfield, Mass., and New York, placing a strain on these densely populated areas and decimating their already tight budgets. I interviewed U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., in Waukesha this month following his appearance on the "Earl Ingram Jr. Show." I asked Johnson if cities in our state could soon see an influx of migrants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/we-don-t-have-the-money-close-the-border-we-don-t-care-for-people-already-here/ar-BB1iJr3M?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d349bc03c566476b8b3c9fad54a5d837&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson