Author Topic: Biden 'is plotting tough new immigration crackdown almost identical to one Dems previously blasted T  (Read 369 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden 'is plotting tough new immigration crackdown almost identical to one Dems previously blasted Trump for: Border will CLOSE if more than 8,500 try to cross in a day'

The order would, if the migrant crisis reached those numbers per day, unilaterally enact a sweeping ban at the southern border
    Mike Johnson has repeatedly called on President Biden to use the order
    Trump repeatedly leaned on this power while in office, including his controversial ban to bar travelers from Muslim-majority nations

By Stephen M. Lepore For Dailymail.Com

Published: 21:44 EST, 21 February 2024 | Updated: 07:17 EST, 22 February 2024

President Joe Biden is considering an immigration crackdown that closes the border if more than 8,500 try to cross in one day, a law repeatedly used by former President Donald Trump.

The law would, if the migrant crisis reached those numbers per day, unilaterally enact a sweeping ban at the southern border, according to three people familiar with the deliberations.

The administration, stymied by lawmakers who rejected a negotiated border bill earlier this month, has been exploring options that Biden could deploy on his own without congressional approval.

House Speaker Mike Johnson has repeatedly called on President Biden to use the 212(f) authority.

The immigration authority the administration has been looking into is outlined in Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which gives a president broad leeway to block entry of certain immigrants into the United States if it would be 'detrimental' to the national interest of the United States.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13111443/Biden-border-executive-order-migrants-Trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Action.  Not words.

If Biden really wants money for Ukraine, Taiwan, and Israel, he'll secure the Border first.

Money for results; not money for future broken promises.

The House GOP leadership actually has a chance to demonstrate backbone.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There isn't going to be any "crackdown".

If anything, as things look worse for the administration as the election approaches, they'll push for more, and more and more and MORE to rush in...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden has chosen to not rackdown for the past three years.  Why should he be trusted to start now, especially with Mayorkas - architect of assylum catch and release, and DACA - as head of Department of Homeland Security.

Biden has been telling the GOP to pound as long as he thought he had election advantages or leads.

GOP can make some gains if far-right Christian fundamentalists can restrain themselves from going full Medieval before election day ... I'm looking at you, Alito and Thomas.

Don't count your witches to burn at the stake before you've caught them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 03:40:49 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

Action.  Not words.

If Biden really wants money for Ukraine, Taiwan, and Israel, he'll secure the Border first.

Money for results; not money for future broken promises.

The House GOP leadership actually has a chance to demonstrate backbone.

Yes they do, but given their past track record(s), very doubtful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.