Author Topic: This is how the House of Reps should work.  (Read 1813 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This is how the House of Reps should work.
« on: February 22, 2024, 03:17:52 pm »
I don't know how I had never watched this gem before.  One thing I do know is it could never happen today.  The House is full of members with no sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqcaAQti4g
You don’t become cooler with age but you do care progressively less about being cool, which is the only true way to actually be cool.

Offline scottfreitas

• World govts: islam, 57; Jews, 1; Christians, 0. :(
Re: This is how the House of Reps should work.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 02:59:41 am »
I don't know how I had never watched this gem before.  One thing I do know is it could never happen today.  The House is full of members with no sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqcaAQti4g
The new Speaker, Mike Johnson, would eat that right up. He'd love it.

The Demoncrats? Not so much. Bunch of uptight pearl-clutching middle-aged womyn for the most part. And their male members are all humorless soy-boy Lenin types, so yeah.

There'd mostly be a bunch of of laughing, chuckling GOP suits surrounded by frowning, scowling, phone-screen-gazing Demoncrats (except for the Squad types, who would all be doing on-camera interviews with MSNBC, denouncing the HATRED and BIGOTRY being expressed).

Maybe John Fetterman would be looking on and grinning and laughing a bit (sloppily dressed as always), but the rest of the Demoncrats... /shudder

"Separation of church and state! Ain't it great? It's your fate! To "tolerate." Oh, the cultures you'll create! Celebrate! Your horrid fate! Separation of church and state! It's so great! To humiliate..."

Chorus line (repeat three times): "Not so great." :(

Copyright 1960-1962, by John Effing Kennedy and his Communist SCotUS. All rights reserved. Offer expires once our entire society has finished collapsing down into the predictable Pit of Hell every thinking Christian alive back then warned would later occur.

"Do not be deceived; God cannot be mocked..."---Galatians 6:7