Author Topic: Biden's colossal cash advantage  (Read 304 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Biden's colossal cash advantage
« on: February 21, 2024, 08:59:17 pm »
https://www.axios.com/2024/02/20/bidens-colossal-cash-advantage

President Biden's re-election team now has $130 million in the bank, while the Republican National Committee has little cash and Donald Trump's team is spending tens of millions on legal bills.

Why it matters: Despite Democratic angst over the president's poor polling, the Biden campaign announced Tuesday morning that it raised $42 million in January — adding to his vast fundraising advantage over Trump and the RNC.

The RNC started the year with over $8 million in cash on hand and Trump's campaign had $33 million on hand. Neither has released their fundraising totals for January.

Biden, the DNC, and other affiliated committees continued to rake in contributions while his Republican rivals still attack each other — and Trump's legal challenges show no signs of going away.

State of play: Nikki Haley raised $16.5 million in January, including $11.7 million from grassroots supporters, according to her campaign.

Trump's political fundraising apparatus spent more than $50 million on legal costs last year.

Trump hasn't wrapped up his party's nomination. But he is already plotting to kick out RNC leadership and install his own people — including top campaign aide Chris LaCivita, who'll also retain his campaign hat.

Reality check: Incumbent presidents often have a financial advantage going into an election year — as Trump and the RNC did against Democrats at this point in 2020 before Biden ultimately made up ground.

What they're saying: "While Team Biden-Harris continues to build on its fundraising machine, Republicans are divided — either spending money fighting Donald Trump, or spending money in support of Donald Trump's extreme and losing agenda," said Julie Chávez Rodríguez, Biden-Harris 2024 campaign manager.

By the numbers: In January, some 422,000 different donors made 502,000 contributions to Biden's reelection effort, the campaign said.

In total, the campaign has received contributions from 1.1 million donors.
Since Biden launched his reelection campaign, approximately 97% of all their donations have been under $200.
Along the way, the campaign added more than 1 million emails to its mailing list.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden's colossal cash advantage
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 09:21:20 pm »
Trump doesn't need his own money; he just needs more of other people's money to steal.

R.I.P., RNC.

PAC's and SuperPAC's will backfill roles that used to be performed by the RNC for down ballot candidates.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:27:24 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden's colossal cash advantage
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 12:26:32 am »
I wonder how much Biden gets per head from the Border business?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis