Author Topic: Trump reveals VP shortlist includes DeSantis, Scott, Ramaswamy, Noem, Donalds, Gabbard  (Read 1260 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump reveals VP shortlist includes DeSantis, Scott, Ramaswamy, Noem, Donalds, Gabbard

Former President Trump, pointing to Tim Scott as a potential running mate, says 'a lot of people are talking about that gentleman right over there'

By Paul Steinhauser Fox News
Published February 21, 2024 9:10am EST

GREENVILLE, S.C. – Former President Trump indicated that at least a half a dozen contenders – including three former rivals for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination – are on his shortlist for running mate.

The commanding frontrunner for the GOP nomination had plenty of praise for one of those potential candidates who joined Trump at Fox News town hall on Tuesday in this upstate South Carolina city.

During the program, which ran on Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle," Trump was asked about half a dozen potential running mate choices: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, multimillionaire biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, Rep. Byron Donalds of Florida, and former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, a Democrat turned independent.

"Are they all on your shortlist?" host Laura Ingraham asked the former president.

"They are," Trump answered. "Honestly, all of those people are good. They’re all good, they’re all solid."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reveals-vp-shortlist-includes-desantis-scott-ramaswamy-noem-donalds-gabbard
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

He didn't exactly "reveal" his list, he just responded to Ingraham's question. She could have replaced some of the names with other names, and he probably still would have said they're all good and solid.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I sure hope RDS isn't being considered.  If 2016-2020 was an example, any assocation with Tump is political suicide.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ramaswamy isn't constitutionally qualified. The rest of those named above are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline the OlLine Rebel

If Ron is really on that list, then my hubby is right.

Hubby thought maybe a deal was made, for Ron to drop out so suddenly despite encouraging news the previous day.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I sure hope RDS isn't being considered.  If 2016-2020 was an example, any assocation with Tump is political suicide.

Good point.

I was discouraged enough my husband thinks he made a deal.

I’d love Ron to be on, but as you stated, it’s risky….and also I feel like Ron sold out if that is the case.  Sold out to a narcissist blowhard.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'd lose all respect for anyone trashed by Trump who later accepts any position in his Administration.  Have some damn self-respect!

Offline mountaineer

I'd lose all respect for anyone trashed by Trump who later accepts any position in his Administration.  Have some damn self-respect!
Well, Demented Joe "picked" Kamala to be his running mate after she accused him of being a racist.  :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

"Self respect" and "Politician"?  Those terms/labels are by design contradicitory.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I'm not sure why Trump is floating Byron Donalds from FL??  Isn't Trump aware that the President and VP can't be from the same state???  I really like Donalds though who is very conservative.

With that being said, his only option from those he's suggested really is Noem.  As for DeSantis, he's from FL as well.

Gabbard?  What is Trump thinking? 

Ramsy isn't eligible; also he's a smooth talker and another Obama.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 04:30:27 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well, Demented Joe "picked" Kamala to be his running mate after she accused him of being a racist.  :laugh:

I'd hope to hold DeSantis to a higher standard than Biden or Kamala....

Offline mountaineer

I'd hope to hold DeSantis to a higher standard than Biden or Kamala....
It's no contest.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm not sure why Trump is floating Byron Donalds from FL??  Isn't Trump aware that the President and VP can't be from the same state???  I really like Donalds though who is very conservative.

With that being said, his only option from those he's suggested really is Noem.  As for DeSantis, he's from FL as well.

I don't think that having an understanding of the Constitution is one of Trump's strong suits.

Offline libertybele

I don't think that having an understanding of the Constitution is one of Trump's strong suits.

I knew when he was campaigning for president that he didn't have a clue as to the ins and outs of our government; he went in with a liberal NY mindset thinking that he could run our Republic just like one of his corporations. He quickly found out that he was wrong.  He hit quite a few bumps in his administration finding out that the 'executive' branch doesn't have the same duties/powers as those of the judicial or legislative branches.

I voted for him to stop Hillary from being seated and also based upon his promise to seat conservative justices.

He is aging, he bad mouthed DeSantis a true conservative just like he did Cruz, stated he wanted to be a dictator for one day and wants retribution.

I simply cannot vote for him.  He offers conservatives and this country no positive gain that I can see. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Yep, me too.  I still haven't forgiven Ted Cruz for kissing Trump's ring after all the smears and nastiness that Trump hurled at him and his family in 2016.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline roamer_1

If he is the pick, He better turn it down.
I said it before, if he climbs on the Tump train, he's dead to me.
No Conservative worth his salt would sign on with that liberal POS.

Offline mountaineer

Yep, me too.  I still haven't forgiven Ted Cruz for kissing Trump's ring after all the smears and nastiness that Trump hurled at him and his family in 2016.
Yes, that was disturbing.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Any mention of Grimace?  The Donald and Grimace go way back.  Grimace has a proven history of cutting inflation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4QNXnNftWk
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

He's thinking ratings, this guy has always been an attention whore/reality TV star so it's all about the attention and media saying 'Gabbard? What is Trump thinking? And there he is at the top of the news cycle again.

Offline libertybele

Cruz was invited to do an interview on Glen Beck shortly after he backed Trump.  Beck gave him a very hard time and it was a difficult interview for Cruz. Bottom line - Cruz had been given a list of conservative justices by Trump and after reviewing the list Cruz decided to endorse Trump AND also voted for him to stop Hillary.  Those became the only reasons I voted for Trump as well. 

Did the end game bring about those results?  Yes to a degree.  I am not thrilled with Trump's picks of justices, but he did stop Hillary from being president and in retrospect he stopped her political career.

As for kissing Trump's ring?  No.  Cruz backed him when he thought he was right and was doing what was right for the country.  Cruz also at one point in time told the rest of the Senators that they needed to just do their jobs -- he became more vocal which is a good thing.

Not all of Trump's presidency was awful.  There were some positives (at least for awhile).

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Gabbard to headline fundraiser at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4481796-gabbard-to-headline-fundraiser-at-trumps-mar-a-lago-resort/

Former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is slated to appear at former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort next month.

According to an invitation shared exclusively with The Hill, Gabbard is set to be the keynote speaker at the 917 Society’s annual fundraiser on March 7 for a night in Palm Beach “celebrating the Constitution.”

The event comes after Trump, the current front-runner for the Republican nomination, acknowledged Gabbard is under consideration to be his vice presidential choice among several other contenders.

Dinner for the event costs $1,250, according to the invite.

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

If he chooses DeSantis or Donalds, he forfeits Florida's electoral votes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

If he chooses DeSantis or Donalds, he forfeits Florida's electoral votes.

We need our governor and our rep. Donalds. IMO the only logical and best choice is Noem. Of course how or why Trump selects people is anyone's guess.