Author Topic: Maine school districts pulling electric buses off roads due to safety issues  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maine school districts pulling electric buses off roads due to safety issues
By Marc Morano
February 20, 2024
10:48 am
https://wgme.com/news/local/maine-school-districts-pulling-electric-buses-off-roads-due-to-safety-issues-ev-lean-school-bus-program-lion-electric-company

by WGME – Tue, February 20th 2024

The Maine Department of Education is warning school districts across Maine to take certain electric buses off roads because of an increase in vehicle malfunctions.

According to Kennebec Journal, electric buses from school districts in Winthrop, Bingham, Mount Desert Island, and Yarmouth are facing issues.

Some of the issues seen include power steering failures, leaky windshields, missing rivets, and emergency doors that don’t work properly.

The faulty school buses were supplied by Lion Electric Company for the federal Clean School Bus Program.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/02/20/maine-school-districts-pulling-electric-buses-off-roads-due-to-safety-issues/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis