Author Topic: New Study: Climate Models Get Water Vapor Wildly Wrong – A ‘Major Gap In Our Understanding’  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Study: Climate Models Get Water Vapor Wildly Wrong – A ‘Major Gap In Our Understanding’
By Kenneth Richard on 19. February 2024

“Here, we have demonstrated a major discrepancy between observation-based and climate model-based historical trends in near-surface atmospheric water vapor in arid and semi-ari regions.” – Simpson et al., 2024

A new study published in PNAS has demonstrated, once again, that climate models fail to simulate what happens in the real world with regard to fundamental climate change variables like water vapor. This is a devastating finding, as water vapor is the most significant greenhouse gas due to its alleged “feedback” capacity, accelerating warming well beyond what CO2 is said to be capable of alone.

The authors do not understate the significance of this climate modeling failure.

“This represents a major gap in our understanding and in climate model fidelity that must be understood and fixed as soon as possible in order to provide reliable hydroclimate projections for arid/semi-arid regions in the coming decades.”

https://notrickszone.com/2024/02/19/new-study-climate-models-get-water-vapor-wildly-wrong-a-major-gap-in-our-understanding/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If your motive is to prove the earth is burning up, then the models aren't wrong, are they? :pondering: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson