Author Topic: Conservative federal judges say they won’t hire Columbia graduates  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Conservative federal judges say they won’t hire Columbia graduates
by Lexi Lonas - 05/07/24 9:46 AM ET

A group of right-leaning federal judges sent a letter to the president and law dean of Columbia University saying they won’t hire graduates of their school after the unrest that has taken over campus the last few weeks of the academic year.

“As judges who hire law clerks every year to serve in the federal judiciary, we have lost confidence in Columbia as an institution of higher education,” said the 13 conservative judges.   

Columbia saw the start of the pro-Palestinian encampments that have spread across the country. The school took two weeks to get police involved to clear the area.

“Freedom of speech protects protest, not trespass, and certainly not acts or threats of violence or terrorism. Speech is not violence, and violence is not speech. Universities that are serious about academic freedom understand the difference, and they enforce the rules accordingly,” the judges wrote. 

“It has become clear that Columbia applies double standards when it comes to free speech and student misconduct. If Columbia had been faced with a campus uprising of religious conservatives upset because they view abortion as a tragic genocide, we have no doubt that the university’s response would have been profoundly different,” they added.

The judges said they would cease hiring from the school starting with the class of 2024. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4648514-conservative-federal-judges-columbia-graduates-student-protests/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

What if a graduate had nothing to do with the unrest?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

TFB.  Sucks to be them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

The point is that the unrest is indicative that students are being miseducated at Columbia and thus are all tainted products as it were.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Make a good point, but I'd be lying if I said I allowed my bias against certain schools not to  impact my hiring decisons.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Make a good point, but I'd be lying if I said I allowed my bias against certain schools not to  impact my hiring decisons.

I admit that if I had a business and I had an applicant that said he graduated from Columbia University, that would give me pause
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy