Author Topic: GOP Voters Sound Off On Trump’s Possible VP Picks — Their Answers May Surprise You: I&I/TIPP Poll  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Voters Sound Off On Trump’s Possible VP Picks — Their Answers May Surprise You: I&I/TIPP Poll
Terry Jones
February 19, 2024

A presidential candidate’s running mate is usually chosen to “balance” the ticket to shore up electoral weaknesses. But in former President Donald Trump’s case, his vice presidential pick is likely to receive added scrutiny due to his multitude of legal problems. That’s why this month I&I/TIPP asked U.S. voters: Who should Trump’s vice presidential running mate be?

To find out who’s potentially strongest as a vice presidential candidate, I&I/TIPP’s national online poll, taken by 587 registered Republican primary voters from Jan. 31-Feb. 2, asked two questions: “If Trump wins the Republican nomination, who would be your top choice for his Vice President?” and, “If Trump wins the Republican nomination, who would be your second choice for his Vice President?”

The names came from a long list of recent media and campaign mentions of potential VP candidates (for the full list, see chart with this story). It also includes those who challenged Trump in the primaries, but subsequently dropped out, and one candidate still in the race.

Out of 14 possible names for the question about the “top choice” for vice president, only three reach double-digits: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (16%), entrepreneur, author and former presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy (14%), and former United Nations Ambassador and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (11%).

All the rest get single-digit support, from South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott (8%) to Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance (1%). But one remaining name still looms large: “Not sure,” which takes 20% of the vote, more than any individual candidate received. So people are still making up their minds.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2024/02/19/gop-voters-sound-off-on-trumps-possible-vp-picks-their-answers-may-surprise-you-ii-tipp-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The leading candidate not even being practically eligible should tell you everything. And IBD/TIPP acting like people "make up their minds" when they know full well, it's pretty much the nominee's choice alone unless the convention overruled him.

Stupid America!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024