Author Topic: “Protect Our Winters” (Snow a thing of the past?)  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Protect Our Winters” (Snow a thing of the past?)
« on: February 18, 2024, 06:42:59 pm »
“Protect Our Winters” (Snow a thing of the past?)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- February 14, 2024
Ed. note: This repost (April 7, 2021) is presented as one of countless examples of climate exaggeration from the highest scientific quarters…. Exaggeration backfires.

“Our winters are getting sick, and we know the reason why. It’s global warming, it’s rising temperatures, and that’s the only logical explanation for what’s happening.”

– Amato Evan (Scripps Institution of Oceanography) before the American Geophysical Union (Fall 2018), quoted here.

False science based on climate models is part of the complicated story behind the Great Texas Electricity Blackout of February 2021. As I posited in “U.S. Winter Outlook: Cooler North, Warmer South” (NOAA’s prediction bust):

Enter climate models, the Department of Commerce’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and politics. And a very bad result for the South this winter. The lack of weatherization in Texas for traditional power plants, in particular, might well have been influenced by the climate narrative of warmer winters.

https://www.masterresource.org/climate-exaggeration/protect-our-winters-snow-a-thing-of-the-past/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson