Author Topic: Putin Critic, Russian Opposition Leader Alexi Navalny Dies in Prison  (Read 3772 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Putin Critic, Russian Opposition Leader Alexi Navalny Dies in Prison
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2024, 05:34:56 pm »
Alexei Navalny died of ‘sudden death syndrome,’ authorities claim as devastated mom says Putin critic was murdered
By Social Links for Dana Kennedy
Published Feb. 17, 2024, 12:09 p.m. ET

The mother of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny declared his death a murder Saturday as authorities claimed his life ended because of a medical condition called “sudden death syndrome” — while hundreds who turned out to memorialize him were detained across the country, according to reports.

Navalny, 47, died Friday in Russia’s brutal IK-3 penal colony in remote Kharp, about 1,200 miles northeast of Moscow.

“Alexey Navalny was murdered. His death occurred on February 16 at 2:17 p.m. local time, according to the official message to Alexey’s mother,” Navalny’s spokeswoman, Kira Yarmysh wrote on X early Saturday.

Russia’s Federal Penitentiary Service originally claimed “the convict” collapsed and died after he “felt unwell” during a walk.

“When Alexei’s lawyer and mother arrived at the colony this morning, they were told that the cause of Navalny’s death was sudden death syndrome,” Ivan Zhdanov, who directs Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation, wrote Saturday on X.

The syndrome usually involves cardiac issues which cause a person’s unexpected death.

Navalny’s family has demanded the government give them his remains “immediately,” with his spokeswoman noting his body was not in the morgue in Salekhard, the town closest to IK-3.

“An employee of the colony said that the body of Navalny is now in Salekhard. It was picked up by investigators from the IC. Now they are conducting ‘investigations’ with him We demand that Alexey Navalny’s body be handed over to his family immediately,” Yarmysh wrote.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/17/world-news/russian-authorities-alexey-navalny-died-of-sudden-death-syndrome/

@mystery-ak

YIKES!

Talk about having stones!

I can't imagine being so bold as being a defense attorney in Russia that actually tries to defend and protect his client.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2024, 09:17:46 am »
sneakypete...
The court system will be replaced by a kangaroo court where every decision will be decided BEFORE the court opens,and there will be NO appeals.

Once that happens,you can bet your bippy  the left will crack down on the people that created the situation that put the left in a position of total power.

They will also crack down on everything else that is a threat to their power,including the Bill of Rights,which will be "suspended for the duration of the emergency".

Where you been?  I would say the case against Trump where he was fined $355 million is an excellent example of what you are predicting, ACTUALLY HAVING HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

I have thought for years our court system was worse than broken.  TOTALLY CORRUPT would be an appropriate expression.

Anyone trusting an attorney is a fool.  Never met one that I would put a gram's worth of trust in.  And I have worked with many of them.  There is something direly wrong with everything tied to the justice system.  And as long as attorneys control all three branches of government, don't hold your breath for a fix!!!!!!!!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2024, 09:36:41 am »
Quote from: catfish1957 on February 17, 2024, 04:54:26 pm
even the evil Vlad has to have some understanding of PR and timing.

Hoodat...
Did Stalin?

Stalin was completely feared, by everyone in the USSR.  He would sit every day and prepare lists of 5,000 people he wanted executed.  According to the book Gulag, by Anne Applebaum, between him and Lenin, they murdered somewhere between 80 - 100 million Russians.  I recommend her book highly.  To say it was shocking would be a gross understatement.

Believe me when I say Hitler had nothing on Stalin for being a genocidal maniac.

I was walking in Kislovosk, Russia, the former sunny retreat area for Russians back during the communist era, where folks would go for 30 days to rejuvenate their health, and there is one building after another, every bit a city block square, where these folks would go to restore their wellbeing, and my father-in-law at the start of each building would say that Stalin named it after such and such, a friend of his, and when we got to the end of the building, he looked at me and said Stalin had this friend executed.  Well, after about four buildings in a row, with a repeat of the story of building one, all so called friends of Stalin were executed, I could no longer keep a straight face, I was almost rolling on the ground laughing. 

I think this is why so many men in Russia gravitate to jobs with little to no responsibility.  It meant death during the Stalin years, and even today, to be somebody in Russia has its risks under Putin. 

Navalny was indeed murdered.  The fact he lived as long as he did amazes me.  The harsh conditions of that prison are unlike our worst prison in the USA.  Our worst would be considered a resort by Russian standards.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2024, 05:12:07 pm »
Alexei Navalny's body 'is FOUND and shows signs of bruising caused by being held down while suffering convulsions'

Alexei Navalny's body was reportedly found with signs of bruising
    He was apparently held down while suffering a seizure
    His body is currently being held at a hospital morgue

By Perkin Amalaraj and Will Stewart

Published: 06:44 EST, 18 February 2024 | Updated: 08:41 EST, 18 February 2024

Alexei Navalny's body reportedly shows signs of bruising that were caused by being held down while he suffered a seizure, raising fears that he was killed on the orders of Vladimir Putin.

The wounds are consistent with the Russian opposition leader - who died aged 47 on Friday amid claims he was 'murdered' by Vladimir Putin's regime - having suffered a 'seizure', according to independent outlet Novaya Gazeta Europe.

The news outlet spoke to a paramedic in the Salekhard ambulance service, close to the IK-3 penal colony, also known as 'Polar Wolf', where Navalny was being held.

Paramedics found bruises on Navalny's body, which is now under police guard in a morgue at Salekhard district clinical hospital, according to the independent news outlet.

'Usually the bodies of people who die in prison are taken straight to the Bureau of Forensic Medicine on Glazkova Street, but in this case it was taken to the clinical hospital for some reason,' the anonymous paramedic told the outlet.

'As an experienced paramedic, I can say that the injuries described by those who saw them appeared to be from convulsions.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13097269/alexei-Navalny-body-Putin-Russia.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2024, 05:37:32 pm »
Here's what I referenced above:Criticizing the ruler, whether Putin, Biden or any other equally wicked person, is a risky move for a journalist.

Except Putin's critics seem to end up dead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2024, 09:31:30 pm »
Or a citizen...more and more.

@Jack Russell

Even more so with a subject,and "Subjects and Rulers" are what populate Russia.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2024, 10:12:10 pm »
Except Putin's critics seem to end up dead.
:pondering: So did Hillary's....vultures of a feather?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2024, 10:24:54 pm »
:pondering: So did Hillary's....vultures of a feather?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2024, 06:38:13 pm »
Kremlin hands over body of Alexei Navalny to mother after days of resistance
By
Anna Giaritelli
February 24, 2024 1:26 pm

The Russian government has turned over the body of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny to his mother, according to a top aide to Navalny.

Ivan Zhdanov, director of Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation, announced on Telegram Saturday that Russian authorities had turned over the body to the 47-year-old man’s family following cries from Navalny’s widow and the public.

“Thank you very much. Thanks to everyone who wrote and recorded video messages. You all did what you needed to do. Thank you. Alexei Navalny’s body has been given to his mother,” Zhdanov wrote in the post.

Russia’s action came hours after Navalny’s widow, Yulia Navalnaya, accused President Vladimir Putin of insulting Christianity by not turning the body over and pushing her to agree to a private funeral. Navalnaya, who identifies as an Orthodox Christian, said Putin was violating religious protocols by holding the body hostage.

In a video posted Saturday, Navalny’s widow said his mother was being “literally tortured” by prison authorities who threatened to bury him on the penal colony grounds.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/foreign-policy/2879655/kremlin-hands-over-body-of-alexei-navalny-to-mother-after-days-of-resistance/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2024, 01:57:58 am »
How the Russian government assassinates 'Enemies of the State'

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline American Girl

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2024, 04:19:00 pm »
It's the graphene oxide in the vaccine.
In any case, the narrative is busted...
https://www.rightjournalism.com/intel-chief-from-ukraine-confirms-the-reason-for-alexi-navalnys-death/

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2024, 04:29:49 pm »
This is complete nonsense.  If that were true then the Russians would not have 1) hidden the body, 2) threatened Navalny's mother with burying him either secretly or inside the prison walls, and 3) taken two weeks to finally release him.

Putin had him killed.  No doubt about it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2024, 05:20:35 pm »
 ////00000////

Can't we all agree that he slipped on polonium soap in the shower, put there by Putin?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2024, 05:38:33 pm »
"The Vaccine"  :silly:

:silly: Are you referring to the 4 vaccines that have been used in the US?

:silly: Are you aware that those 4 vaccines were not used in Russia (possibly excepting very small-scale smuggling)?

:silly: Contrary to "Lioness of Judah"'s claim on substack, https://web.archive.org/web/20230320231141/https://lionessofjudah.substack.com/p/conspiracy-no-more-pfizer-documents , graphene oxide is not an ingredient in the Pfizer vaccine that Russia doesn't use. Graphene oxide was used in testing the Pfizer vaccine ( https://media.ellinikahoaxes.gr/uploads/2023/03/125742_S1_M4_4.2.1-vr-vtr-10741.pdf Page 7, Section 3.4).

:silly: But don't let contrary facts dissuade you from believing what you want to be true.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2024, 11:57:00 pm »
Tucker Carlson gushes over Vladimir Putin and defends not asking him about civil rights abuses in Russia

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-carlson/tucker-carlson-gushes-over-vladimir-putin-and-defends-not-asking-him-about-civil

https://twitter.com/i/status/1758481296177733756
The mere fact that it is entirely Leftists like FJB and his Demoncrats weeping crocodile tears over Navalny tells me all I need to know.

I'll bet on an American scale, Navalny would be called a Leftist.

Yes or no?

Navalny was clot-shotted, like every Russian prisoner. I'll bet he's a vaxx death, not a murder.

Either way, the machinations of foreign countries' politics rarely interests me, though often annoys me.

The world is a worse tyranny today than it was in 1792. "Democracy" has proven to be a fraud, a failure. It's top-down manipulation from charismatic demagogues.

Too bad we abandoned our Constitution, that Republic thing was working great---getting better all the time--until the "progressive" era erased and replaced it with "muh democracy."

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2024, 12:24:44 pm »
The mere fact that it is entirely Leftists like FJB and his Demoncrats weeping crocodile tears over Navalny tells me all I need to know.

I'll bet on an American scale, Navalny would be called a Leftist.

Yes or no?

Navalny was clot-shotted, like every Russian prisoner. I'll bet he's a vaxx death, not a murder.

Either way, the machinations of foreign countries' politics rarely interests me, though often annoys me.

The world is a worse tyranny today than it was in 1792. "Democracy" has proven to be a fraud, a failure. It's top-down manipulation from charismatic demagogues.

Too bad we abandoned our Constitution, that Republic thing was working great---getting better all the time--until the "progressive" era erased and replaced it with "muh democracy."

Wow a MAGA  person defending Putin what a surprise
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Mod2

« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2024, 01:47:53 pm »
Topics merged