Author Topic: Putin Critic, Russian Opposition Leader Alexi Navalny Dies in Prison  (Read 3775 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Putin Critic, Russian Opposition Leader Alexi Navalny Dies in Prison
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2024, 09:18:38 pm »
Tucker Carlson turns on Putin after Alexei Navalny's death in jail: 'It's horrifying, barbaric and awful - no decent person would defend it'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13092023/amp/tucker-carlson-putin-navalny-death-russia-grocery.html

EXCERPT

It remains unclear whether the former Fox News host is still in Moscow.

@Timber Rattler

If I were him,you could bet your bippy I would be WELL out of Russian air space before I posted something like that.

"Maximum Leaders" are NOT the "forgive and forget" type.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2024, 09:23:00 pm »
I am hoping that at least one patriotic Russian  has half the courage of Navalny and conveniently off's Putin, and does the world a favor

@catfish1957

I  am GUESSING there is no shortage of Russians who  would LOVE to get a chance to do that,but the reality is these people have families,and the people who support Putin will still be in charge if/when he dies,and they will see something like that as an attack on themselves.

NOT  saying it  can't,or won't be done,but it's going to take something that is  "industrial strength bad" to get it to happen.

Something that  threatens the positions of the entire neo-Soviet leadership.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2024, 03:58:48 am »
The wife of Alexei Navalny vowed on Friday that Russian President Vladimir Putin, his allies and the Kremlin "will have to pay" following reports that her husband – a prominent opposition leader – collapsed and died in custody at a penal colony in Siberia.

Back in the 70s and 80s, these were known as 'gulags'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2024, 04:07:41 am »
Back in the 70s and 80s, these were known as 'gulags'.

They're actually worse than gulags...check out the notorious "Black Dolphin" prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYGaOVVHMU
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2024, 05:41:58 am »
I love ll the ruffled feathers....

He was Epsteined.
He committed Arkancide.

We have no room to talk.
Jussayin.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2024, 01:59:59 pm »

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1758517150401155117

@Hoodat

Has anyone EVER heard of a government anywhere else in the world doing such a thing?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2024, 02:09:57 pm »
@Hoodat

Has anyone EVER heard of a government anywhere else in the world doing such a thing?

Things have been pretty tame the past few hundred years, say versus 1300-1600.

Brutality then was the rule rather than the exception.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2024, 02:29:25 pm »
Things have been pretty tame the past few hundred years, say versus 1300-1600.

Brutality then was the rule rather than the exception.

@catfish1957

You make a valid point,but you are also pointing out that you have to go back centuries to do it.

Then again,going  back centuries pretty much defines the goal of Islam.

Pink Floyd might well have been referring to Islam when they wrote and sang "We don't need to education....",but then blew it when they wrote/sang "We don't need no thought control".

Without "thought control" there IS no  Islam.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2024, 02:38:57 pm »
@catfish1957

You make a valid point,but you are also pointing out that you have to go back centuries to do it.

Then again,going  back centuries pretty much defines the goal of Islam.

Pink Floyd might well have been referring to Islam when they wrote and sang "We don't need to education....",but then blew it when they wrote/sang "We don't need no thought control".

Without "thought control" there IS no  Islam.

Agree.  And what we say from Hama in Gaza on October 7th, was a good example of what the world will look like when the scourge of Islam goes unabaated.  I understand there are already cities in Michigan that locally consider themselves only under Sharia Law.

These rodents have a toe hold now.  It's only going to get worse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2024, 03:35:57 pm »
Agree.  And what we say from Hama in Gaza on October 7th, was a good example of what the world will look like when the scourge of Islam goes unabaated.  I understand there are already cities in Michigan that locally consider themselves only under Sharia Law.

These rodents have a toe hold now.  It's only going to get worse.

@catfish1957

Since the left is insane instead of stupid,I HAVE to conclude they understand what will happen,and support it because it will give them the excuse they need to declare a "State of Martial Law" exists,and then shut down voting as well as the court system.

The court system will be replaced by a kangaroo court where every decision will be decided BEFORE the court opens,and there will be NO appeals.

Once that happens,you can bet your bippy  the left will crack down on the people that created the situation that put the left in a position of total power.

They will also crack down on everything else that is a threat to their power,including the Bill of Rights,which will be "suspended for the duration of the emergency".

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2024, 04:46:52 pm »
Nalvany spokesperson says 'Alexei Navalny was murdered'
President Biden, Ukrainian President Zelenskyy, and many other world leaders have pointed the finger at Putin as the obvious suspect
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi Fox News
Published February 17, 2024 8:53am EST | Updated February 17, 2024 9:29am EST

A spokesperson for the late Alexei Navalny declared the deceased Russian opposition leader to have been murdered.

Spokeswoman Kira Yarmysh made the claim on Saturday via a post on social media platform X.

"Alexei Navalny was murdered. His death occurred on February 16 at 2:17 p.m. local time, according to the official message to Alexei’s mother," said Yarmysh. "An employee of the colony said that the body of Navalny is now in Salekhard."

"It was picked up by investigators from the IC. Now they are conducting 'investigations' with him. We demand that Alexei Navalny's body be handed over to his family immediately.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/nalvany-spokesperson-alexei-navalny-murdered
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2024, 04:54:26 pm »
Nalvany spokesperson says 'Alexei Navalny was murdered'
President Biden, Ukrainian President Zelenskyy, and many other world leaders have pointed the finger at Putin as the obvious suspect
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi Fox News
Published February 17, 2024 8:53am EST | Updated February 17, 2024 9:29am EST

A spokesperson for the late Alexei Navalny declared the deceased Russian opposition leader to have been murdered.

Spokeswoman Kira Yarmysh made the claim on Saturday via a post on social media platform X.

"Alexei Navalny was murdered. His death occurred on February 16 at 2:17 p.m. local time, according to the official message to Alexei’s mother," said Yarmysh. "An employee of the colony said that the body of Navalny is now in Salekhard."

"It was picked up by investigators from the IC. Now they are conducting 'investigations' with him. We demand that Alexei Navalny's body be handed over to his family immediately.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/nalvany-spokesperson-alexei-navalny-murdered

I have no doubt that the agents of Putin killed Navalny, but even the evil Vlad has to have some understanding of PR and timing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2024, 04:56:59 pm »
I have no doubt that the agents of Putin killed Navalny, but even the evil Vlad has to have some understanding of PR and timing.

@catfish1957

Why?

Dictators dictate. That is their nature,and that is what they do.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2024, 05:01:05 pm »
even the evil Vlad has to have some understanding of PR and timing.

Did Stalin?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2024, 05:01:42 pm »
@catfish1957

Why?

Dictators dictate. That is their nature,and that is what they do.

Pete...  There are aspects outside Russia and Russian control Like Ukraine funding here, and dealing with 50 nations on earth who are blasting Putin, and might be more amiable to sanctions and embargos.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2024, 05:03:12 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2024, 05:05:06 pm »
Did Stalin?

I think we are both old enough too remember the old U.S.S.R. , and their arrogance, and sphere of power and wealth.

Russia is now 11th in GDP, with awful prospects due to demgraphics and infrastructure.  Their stranglehold over world matters is about 1/10 of what it used to be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2024, 05:08:56 pm »
Pete...  There are aspects outside Russia and Russian control Like Ukraine funding here, and dealing with 50 nations on earth who are blasting Putin, and might be more amiable to sanctions and embargos.

@catfish1957

I understand your concerns,but dictators dictate,and the ones that stop are soon replaced.

It is just the nature of things.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2024, 05:11:35 pm »
@catfish1957

I understand your concerns,but dictators dictate,and the ones that stop are soon replaced.

It is just the nature of things.

True, if Putin thinks he has the level of clout and backing or Stalin or Kruschev.  U.S.S.R died over 30 years ago.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2024, 05:22:42 pm »
I think we are both old enough too remember the old U.S.S.R. , and their arrogance, and sphere of power and wealth.

Russia is now 11th in GDP, with awful prospects due to demgraphics and infrastructure.  Their stranglehold over world matters is about 1/10 of what it used to be.

@catfish1957

Let's not forget that they face a possible invasion by China,who wants/desperately NEEDS their Siberian oil and gold.

Yes,I DO understand that America allowing China to manufacture so many "American goods" takes away a lot of the immediate pressure,but at what price to America and the west?

I am no military expert,but I am not sure that Russia now has the manpower/ability  to stop a Chinese invasion without going nuclear,and if they were to do that,they would lose access to the gold and oil themselves.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 05:24:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2024, 05:25:06 pm »
 Alexei Navalny died of ‘sudden death syndrome,’ authorities claim as devastated mom says Putin critic was murdered
By Social Links for Dana Kennedy
Published Feb. 17, 2024, 12:09 p.m. ET

The mother of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny declared his death a murder Saturday as authorities claimed his life ended because of a medical condition called “sudden death syndrome” — while hundreds who turned out to memorialize him were detained across the country, according to reports.

Navalny, 47, died Friday in Russia’s brutal IK-3 penal colony in remote Kharp, about 1,200 miles northeast of Moscow.

“Alexey Navalny was murdered. His death occurred on February 16 at 2:17 p.m. local time, according to the official message to Alexey’s mother,” Navalny’s spokeswoman, Kira Yarmysh wrote on X early Saturday.

Russia’s Federal Penitentiary Service originally claimed “the convict” collapsed and died after he “felt unwell” during a walk.

“When Alexei’s lawyer and mother arrived at the colony this morning, they were told that the cause of Navalny’s death was sudden death syndrome,” Ivan Zhdanov, who directs Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation, wrote Saturday on X.

The syndrome usually involves cardiac issues which cause a person’s unexpected death.

Navalny’s family has demanded the government give them his remains “immediately,” with his spokeswoman noting his body was not in the morgue in Salekhard, the town closest to IK-3.

“An employee of the colony said that the body of Navalny is now in Salekhard. It was picked up by investigators from the IC. Now they are conducting ‘investigations’ with him We demand that Alexey Navalny’s body be handed over to his family immediately,” Yarmysh wrote.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/17/world-news/russian-authorities-alexey-navalny-died-of-sudden-death-syndrome/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2024, 05:29:18 pm »
@catfish1957

Let's not forget that they face a possible invasion by China,who wants their Siberian oil and gold.

I am no military expert,but I am not sure that Russia now has the manpower/ability  to stop a Chinese invasion without going nuclear,and if they were to do that,they would lose access to the gold and oil themselves.

Thanks to Biden, Russia and Chicoms are becoming close allies.  Lost count of their treaties and trade agreements of the past 5 years.  I do remember whe they did have local conflicts, but the probability of that now is near zero.

Which is to our detriment. Example: The best we had it in the Middle East was when Iran and Iraq were beating each others brains out.  Then the Bush Doctrine happened, and it has been a mess ever since.  Same with China v. Russia.