Author Topic: Billionaire-Fueled Rockefeller Fund Coordinated Climate Lawsuits With Dem State AG, Docs Show  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON FEB 14, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

Billionaire-Fueled Rockefeller Fund Coordinated Climate Lawsuits With Dem State AG, Docs Show

Left-wing nonprofits quietly coordinated a first-of-its-kind investigation into Big Oil led by the New York State Attorney General (NYAG) years ago, sparking dozens of current climate lawsuits, according to newly disclosed internal communications.

The communications — obtained by watchdog group Government Accountability & Oversight (GAO) and shared with Fox News Digital — show Lee Wasserman, the longtime director of the billionaire-fueled Rockefeller Family Fund, and other climate advocates first pitched the idea of subpoenaing oil giant ExxonMobil to then-New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s office in early 2015. [emphasis, links added]

Following months of coordination and dialogue between Wasserman, his associates, and NYAG officials, including current New York City District Attorney Alvin Bragg who was leading NYAG’s Social Justice division at the time, Schneiderman subpoenaed ExxonMobil in November 2015.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/billionaire-fueled-rockefeller-fund-coordinated-climate-lawsuits-with-dem-state-ag-docs-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson