Author Topic: Yes, Popular Mechanics, Scientists ‘Have Miscalculated Our Global Warming Timeline’  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yes, Popular Mechanics, Scientists ‘Have Miscalculated Our Global Warming Timeline’

By
Anthony Watts
February 12, 2024

An article published in Popular Mechanics magazine titled, “Oops, Scientists May Have Miscalculated Our Global Warming Timeline” with the subtitle “Clues have emerged that reveal a much hotter history than we thought” makes a refreshing admission that confirms what Climate Realism has pointed out since its inception – Earth has already surpassed the arbitrary 1.5°C limit imposed at the 2015 Paris Climate Accords.

It is important to note that the 1.5°C threshold is an arbitrary number, not one established or defined by science. It was defined by political negotiations in the Paris Accord agreement of 2015. An Associated Press article, The magic 1.5: What’s behind climate talks’ key elusive goal, admits this stating, “in a way both the ‘1.5 and 2 degree C thresholds are somewhat arbitrary,’ Stanford University climate scientist Rob Jackson said in an email. ‘Every tenth of a degree matters!’”

The Popular Mechanics article, by writer Darren Orf published on February 9th says this:

https://climaterealism.com/2024/02/yes-popular-mechanics-scientists-have-miscalculated-our-global-warming-timeline/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson