Author Topic: Trump’s scapegoating of mail-in voting is sinking the GOP  (Read 1548 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump’s scapegoating of mail-in voting is sinking the GOP
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2024, 06:19:53 pm »
As the old saying goes, they "shit in their nest" here with this Paxton impeachment.

Good on ya then. I am *ALL FOR* the destruction of the NEOCONs. No one else, to include Democrats, has done more to wreck Conservatism.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2024, 06:53:16 pm »
Good on ya then. I am *ALL FOR* the destruction of the NEOCONs. No one else, to include Democrats, has done more to wreck Conservatism.

Never forget what Papa Bush was before he became President (CIA).
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2024, 07:04:36 pm »

Right.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2024, 07:09:55 pm »
:amen: The Bush clan and its entourage (Karl Rove, Rick Perry, ...) are also behind everything bad happening in Texas politics today. That bunch was the prime mover (money behind) the Paxton impeachment fiasco. @massadvj 

Only a Texan, or at least a winter Texan, like me would know that hereabouts Abbott is considered somewhat "moderate."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2024, 07:11:39 pm »
Only a Texan, or at least a winter Texan, like me would know that hereabouts Abbott is considered somewhat "moderate."

888high58888  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2024, 10:30:15 pm »
Right.

@roamer_1

Papa Bush (more correctly,mama bush) was a rank amateur compared to LBJ. THAT is the spot in history where evil took hold of our government.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2024, 11:14:00 pm »
The GOP was sinking before Trump ever entered the picture. Its credibility was destroyed by GWB, who I regard as the worst president of the last 50 years (yes, worse than Carter). Remember the presidential disasters that were Romney and McCain? Now the same people who brought you those disasters are selling the narrative that Trump is "destroying" the GOP. Trump saved the GOP from itself in 2016. Yes, he has had a spotty record since then, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the stupid party wasn't the stupid party long before Trump.
Sad, but true.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2024, 11:14:51 pm »
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2024, 11:48:20 pm »

@Bigun

Bab Bush's personal little bitch?

Do I win anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2024, 12:05:32 am »
@Bigun

Bab Bush's personal little bitch?

Do I win anything?

Actually, it goes back to his father Prescott Bush @sneakypete so no prize! Sorry!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2024, 12:09:14 am »
Actually, it goes back to his father Prescott Bush @sneakypete so no prize! Sorry!

The banker/swindler...though supposedly his wrong doing has never been technically proven.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2024, 12:18:16 am »
Which state are they supposed to represent if they don't live in one? Where are the votes supposed to count?

When I had to do an absentee ballot in 1984, it had to be mailed back to St. Paul Minnesota before the deadline.

There is a place for mail in  ballots and early voting. But not under the conditions we have today especially that was allowed in 2020.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 12:19:09 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy