Author Topic: Rep. Mike Turner Requests that Biden Declassify Info on "Serious National Security Threat"  (Read 2225 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I also question how giving him more money will persuade the Russians not to create or use space weapons.
I can't help thinking that if the whole point of this is countering Russian space weapons, we would be better off partnering up and spending money with someone who has a high success rate in getting things into space.....Oh Mr. Musk.

Offline libertybele

We aren't fighting Russia. We're arming those who are. As it should be. Only weapons should be sent there.

Yes, however, what is going to happen when China acts on Taiwan? So, we'd be involved monetarily at least in the ME, China, Russia/Ukraine ....  No worries, we'll just keep the printing presses going.  *****rollingeyes*****

Meanwhile ... we're having a difficult time securing are own border which could be done with a mere fraction of what we've already given Ukraine.

The whole situation is backasswards.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:16:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

I also question how giving him more money will persuade the Russians not to create or use space weapons.
I question how giving them more money will overcome this: Population of Russia 144,139,463 as of Wednesday, February 14, 2024. Population of Ukraine is 37,478,154 as of Wednesday, February 14, 2024. We can keep sending money until we run out of ink and paper and it will never overcome simple mathematics **nononono* So what will the next demand be, that we and other nations send our children to fight and die against Russia for Ukraine to stop communism? Meanwhile we have communists from China and moslem terrorists, murderers, rapists and other criminals invading America and few of our elected supposed representatives give a rats ass!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich
·
22m
MORE: Fox is told this threat has been communicated to U.S. allies and partners – and the suggestion in Turner's statement that this has not yet happened is inaccurate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich
·
21m
NEW: US Official tells Fox President Biden has been tracking this national security threat- and in fact directed NSA Jake Sullivan to engage the Gang of 8, among other actions he has directed.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

https://twitter.com/ToddHarrisonDC/status/1757874882547798310

Todd Harrison
@ToddHarrisonDC
·
24m
Russia has a full suite of counterspace weapons at its disposal: missiles that can strike satellites directly in space, satellites that can attack other satellites, and electronic and cyber forms of attack that may be invisible to the public. (2 of 4)

Todd Harrison
@ToddHarrisonDC
·
24m
It is far better to send weapons to Ukraine so they can fight Russia and degrade its military (without risking any American lives) than to allow Russia to succeed and feel emboldened. (3 of 4)

Todd Harrison
@ToddHarrisonDC
·
24m
I fear that what we are seeing is an emboldened Russia in space. Congressional dithering on Ukraine funding shows weakness and creates a potential opening for Russia to exploit. Weakness invites aggression. (4 of 4)

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Johnson please hurry up and pass the funding for Ukraine so they can defeat the Ruskies before they attack us from space................../s
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Speaker Johnson please hurry up and pass the funding for Ukraine so they can defeat the Ruskies before they attack us from space................../s

More $$ for Ukraine ... no problem.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

I wonder how many of the very same weapons that we are warned Russia has in space, that WE have in space, or China has in space? This fearmongering about a sudden emergency situation with Russia, when the fact is the major players have had weapons based in space for a long time, is very questionable. All of a sudden MAD is thrown out the window?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I wonder how many of the very same weapons that we are warned Russia has in space, that WE have in space, or China has in space? This fearmongering about a sudden emergency situation with Russia, when the fact is the major players have had weapons based in space for a long time, is very questionable. All of a sudden MAD is thrown out the window?

Exactly, my thought as well.
Support the USO

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
10m
The National Security Threat reportedly involves the Russian Military attempting the Deployment of Nuclear Weapons into Space for use against Satellites.

Well that's certainly a big escalation and a violation of just about every treaty and agreement signed between the U.S. and Russia concerning outer space since Sputnik.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If aid to Ukraine is so damn important, secure the Border yesterday, dammit.

What is coming across the Border that is more important to Biden than defending Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan?

Why is the Open Border so damn important to Biden?

Why is Biden putting American security last?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

More $$ for Ukraine ... no problem.  :whistle:
Olena Zelenska needs a new pair of Louboutins.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Dana Loesch
@DLoesch
Forgive me if I don't believe a single word from the mouth of a guy who was Hillary's coordinator on the Russian dossier -- made by colluding with the Kremlin -- all to push the FBI to target a political opponent.
2:25 PM · Feb 14, 2024

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1757819106890219617

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ABC News by John Parkinson, Luke Barr, Anne Flaherty, Luis Martinez, and Adam Carlson

It would not be to drop a weapon on Earth but to possibly use on satellites.

The White House's national security adviser and leading lawmakers on Capitol Hill sought to allay public concerns on Wednesday after the House Intelligence Committee chairman warned of a "national security threat" related to a "destabilizing foreign military capability" so serious that President Joe Biden should declassify "all information" about it.

Two sources familiar with deliberations on Capitol Hill said the intelligence has to do with Russia wanting to put a nuclear weapon into space.

This would not be to drop a nuclear weapon onto Earth but rather to possibly use against satellites.

Still, "it is very concerning and very sensitive," said one source, calling it "a big deal."

While not addressing the subject directly, multiple members of Congress quickly described the issue as serious without stoking public alarm.

"We are going to work together to address this matter, as we do all sensitive matters that are classified," House Speaker Mike Johnson told reporters at the Capitol on Wednesday afternoon.

More: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-plans-brief-lawmakers-house-chairman-warns/story?id=107232293

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
Canada and the U.K. alongside several other Allies have been Briefed by U.S. Defense Officials on the New Intelligence released today regarding the Development of the Russian Space-Based Anti-Satellite Nuclear System and the Threat it will pose to the West once it is Deployed.

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1757914658777039133

Offline Mod2

topics merged

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸
@RepMTG
Are we facing a national security threat?

It’s my duty to be honest with you.

Yes. It’s real.

I went to the briefing today in the SCIF.

Our President is a dementia patient in charge of our country and the nuclear football, who ripped our border wide open to over 10 million people and counting from over 160 countries around the world and 2 million of them we never caught, however an unknown number of those are in fact terrorists who want to kill you.

Not only that, the administration has empowered the criminal cartels and they not only control most of our southern border, but are also making tens of billions from human and drug trafficking and have expanded their international operations to have a strong foothold inside the United States.

Along with that, the government you trusted with your hard earned tax dollars has enslaved us all in over $34 TRILLION in debt. Communists China owns most of our debt and China makes most of our critical chain supplies, you know like medications that keep many of you alive.

Now the interest rate on that debt is climbing so fast that the annual interest alone is soon to be bigger than our entire defense budget.

Turns out the “smart people” running the federal government have made so many bad decisions with foreign policy, sanctions, and trade that our dollar is under dire threat and soon could no longer be the world’s currency.

This means that your 401K’s, retirement accounts, stock portfolios, and savings could soon be worthless and your government mandated social security account that most of you depend on in retirement could soon be wiped out.

These are just a few of the terrifying top national security threats we face.

However, perhaps the greatest threat is the federal government has become so powerful over the people that it leaks “intelligence” to the press in order to pressure Congress to make certain votes, protect it’s own power to spy on it’s own citizens, maintain power and protect it’s own job security, and most terrifying of all has become weaponized to crush it’s political enemies.

All of this you I’m telling you didn’t come from the SCIF, you already know, and I’m depending on you to help me stop our greatest national security threat, the one from within.
8:21 PM · Feb 14, 2024
·
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm sorry..I still think this all about the Ukraine Bill  :shrug:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1757952271977963765
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Aha....

Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
·
8h
They’re faking a national security threat from Russia to pass the Ukrainian aid package.

There is no lie that they won’t tell.

Don’t pass the aid package.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Let me get this straight....  The same country who is using World War 2 weapons and tanks in Ukraine has suddenly become an intergallatic threat?   :pondering:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Let me get this straight....  The same country who is using World War 2 weapons and tanks in Ukraine has suddenly become an intergallatic threat?   :pondering:

Russia's space program is different than it's decrepit military establishment, and has always had the best engineers and plenty of rubles and resources.

Hence...

How NASA became utterly dependent on Russia for space travel

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/5/5674744/how-nasa-became-utterly-dependent-on-russia-for-space-travel
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Rep. Matt Gaetz
@RepMattGaetz
The timing of this “national security threat” is suspicious. I worry that it will be used as a basis to extend the FISA authorities that have been abused by the Biden Administration.

There is nothing I read in the intelligence yesterday that scares me more than the intelligence I review about our open Southern Border.
9:35 AM · Feb 15, 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Speaker Johnson says Russian threat known to Congress for ‘weeks’
by Laura Kelly - 02/15/24 5:41 PM ET

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) on Thursday said Congress has been aware for “weeks” of the threat of Russia developing an anti-satellite weapon and that a response from the U.S. should be immediate, following a classified briefing with President Biden’s senior national security advisers. 

Johnson said he was first informed in January that Russia was developing an anti-satellite capability — a threat that was thrust into the news this week by a public warning issued by House Intelligence Chair Mike Turner (R-Ohio).

“This is a matter that we’ve known about for a few weeks. We requested a meeting with the president. I did, we did in writing in January,” Johnson told reporters Thursday evening after coming out of a classified briefing.

The lawmakers were briefed Thursday evening at the Capitol by national security adviser Jake Sullivan, Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines and a representative from the Pentagon, the lawmakers said.

Johnson stood alongside Turner and Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.), ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, after the briefing and expressed confidence the Biden administration has a plan to confront the Russian threat.

“The United States can’t rely on other nations to handle matters like this. We must do it ourselves, and we will,” Johnson said.

Turner described the threat as a “Russian anti-satellite weapon” and added he is supporting the administration’s response.

“We all came away with a very strong impression that the administration is taking this very seriously and that the administration has a plan in place,” he said.

“We look forward to supporting them as they go to implement it. I think the Department of Defense today has indicated that what we’re discussing is a Russian anti-satellite weapon.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/4471140-johnson-russian-threat-known-weeks/
Support the USO