Author Topic: Democrats and Republicans are preparing to nominate two known national security risks  (Read 259 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats and Republicans are preparing to nominate two known national security risks
BY JOSEPH BOSCO, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 02/13/24 10:01 AM ET

Seeing a grown man nearly in tears begging for mercy was a dispiriting experience I had at the Pentagon, when a mid-level officer was imploring Defense Department officials not to destroy his military career because of his inadvertent mishandling of a single classified document.

Yet, top government officials over several administrations have played fast and loose with national security by intentionally misappropriating highly sensitive government materials for their own purposes.

In 2005, Sandy Berger, former President Clinton’s national security adviser, was caught in the National Archives stuffing into his suit pants documents that apparently contained information damaging to Clinton. He pleaded guilty, paid a $10,000 fine, and served no jail time.

An extensive FBI investigation in 2016 found that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had secreted thousands of pages of classified information onto her unauthorized private server, which was open to foreign hacking. FBI Director James Comey decided not to prosecute.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4465089-democrats-and-republicans-are-preparing-to-nominate-two-known-national-security-risks/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 04:05:14 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Beware of the Military Industrial complex!

https://youtu.be/OyBNmecVtdU
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Russia has successfully infultrated the Conservative movement.

The Chi-coms have been giving Dems paper bags full of money since the Clintons.

The RNC and the DNC are the bottlenecks and points of failure in our political system.

Ordinary citizens will need to step up, and run for office.  State parties should prepare themselves to cultivate and support grass-roots candidates at municipal, county, state, and eventually Federal levels.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The Chi-coms have been giving Dems paper bags full of money since the Clintons."

Paper bags?
How about shipping containers' full...?