Author Topic: Dems flip seat as Suozzi wins crucial special congressional election in New York to replace Republic  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-flip-seat-as-suozzi-wins-cruical-special-congressional-election-in-new-york/ar-BB1ifg5i

Former Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi has won a closely watched special election for a vacant House seat once held by former Republican Rep. George Santos, who was expelled from the chamber in December.

The Associated Press projected that Suozzi would defeat Republican county lawmaker Mazi Pilip, to win back his old job.

With the GOP hanging on to a razor-thin majority in the House, national Republicans and Democrats poured big bucks into a race in suburban New York City where immigration and border security, crime, and abortion were the top issues, and where the election was seen as a bellwether ahead of the all-but-certain November White House rematch between President Biden and former President Donald Trump. The Long Island district held for a decade by Democrats was flipped by Santos in the 2022 midterms. But Santos was kicked out of Congress less than a year into his tenure, after he was exposed for lying about his background and indicted for a slew of financial crimes.

Suozzi, who represented the district for six years before running unsuccessfully for governor, repeatedly tied Pilip to Santos, as well as to former President Donald Trump.

"Who knows what she really stands for? She's George Santos 2.0. It's the exact same nontransparent, phony baloney, just trying to get votes instead of saying what you really think," Suozzi charged on the eve of the election.

And Suozzi, a former mayor and county executive, argued that Pilip - who is in her second term as a county lawmaker - "is a far-right wing extremist" who is "totally in line with Mike Johnson and Donald Trump ."

EXCERPT

Good job GOP, in shooting yourselves in the foot again and giving away that seat. 
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
With the proximity of this district to NYC, I am at least shocked that it at least wasn't close, given the daily on-going Illegal Alien News in that vicinity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump lashes out at Mazi Pilip, calls for ‘real’ GOP candidate to face Tom Suozzi in November election
By Social Links for Allie Griffin
Published Feb. 14, 2024, 3:23 a.m. ET

Former President Donald Trump lashed out at fellow Republican Mazi Pilip — claiming she lost Tuesday’s special election to replace disgraced ex-Rep. George Santos because she didn’t endorse him for president.

Trump bashed Pilip on Truth Social and asked for “a real candidate” in the November general election to face off against Democrat Tom Suozzi, who beat Pilip to claim New York’s 3rd Congressional District seat.

Pilip, a 47-year-old Nassau County legislator — and a registered Democrat who ran on the Republican line — earned 46.1% of the votes behind Suozzi’s 53.8% with 93% of ballots tallied Tuesday night.

Suozzi, 61, previously represented much of the Long Island-Queens district for six years.

“Republicans just don’t learn, but maybe she was still a Democrat?” Trump wrote on his social media platform. “I have an almost 99% Endorsement Success Rate in Primaries, and a very good number in the General Elections, as well, but just watched this very foolish woman, Mazi Melesa Pilip, running in a race where she didn’t endorse me and tried to ‘straddle the fence,’ when she would have easily WON if she understood anything about MODERN DAY politics in America.”

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/14/news/trump-lashes-out-at-mazi-pilip-calls-for-real-gop-candidate-to-face-tom-suozzi-in-november-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Trump lashes out at Mazi Pilip, calls for ‘real’ GOP candidate to face Tom Suozzi in November election
By Social Links for Allie Griffin
Published Feb. 14, 2024, 3:23 a.m. ET

Former President Donald Trump lashed out at fellow Republican Mazi Pilip — claiming she lost Tuesday’s special election to replace disgraced ex-Rep. George Santos because she didn’t endorse him for president.

Trump bashed Pilip on Truth Social and asked for “a real candidate” in the November general election to face off against Democrat Tom Suozzi, who beat Pilip to claim New York’s 3rd Congressional District seat.

Pilip, a 47-year-old Nassau County legislator — and a registered Democrat who ran on the Republican line — earned 46.1% of the votes behind Suozzi’s 53.8% with 93% of ballots tallied Tuesday night.

Suozzi, 61, previously represented much of the Long Island-Queens district for six years.

“Republicans just don’t learn, but maybe she was still a Democrat?” Trump wrote on his social media platform. “I have an almost 99% Endorsement Success Rate in Primaries, and a very good number in the General Elections, as well, but just watched this very foolish woman, Mazi Melesa Pilip, running in a race where she didn’t endorse me and tried to ‘straddle the fence,’ when she would have easily WON if she understood anything about MODERN DAY politics in America.”

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/14/news/trump-lashes-out-at-mazi-pilip-calls-for-real-gop-candidate-to-face-tom-suozzi-in-november-election/

Maybe Trump should endorse the next Republican candidate that runs for the seat

After all, that’s work so well in the past :thud:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

From so called TruthSocial…

He’s sinking further into his own personal universe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

From the MSN article posted by @Timber Rattler

Suozzi, who represented the district for six years before running unsuccessfully for governor, repeatedly tied Pilip to Santos, as well as to former President Donald Trump.

And this election happened after Joe Biden’s Alzheimer  press conference

Tying candidates to Donald Trump has worked very well for Democrats and will continue to work for Democrats

Although Republicans have other problems, and it’s unfair to blame it all on Donald Trump, getting rid of Donald Trump would be a good  first step for the party
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 03:55:01 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

Once again, the dems embraced early voting, while the pubs stubbornly waited until the last minute when it snowed. 

Conspiracy mongering has consequences.

Offline kevindavis007

Just maybe the conservative movement should do the following:

1. Stop the yelling and screaming
2. Stop thinking that everyone is a RINO just because they don't fit your description of what a conservative should be
3. Stop the conspiracy bovine
4. Dump Trump
5. Either change the freedom caucus or disband it
6. Ignore the talking heads like Levin, Bongino, and others
7. Embrace early voting

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DefiantMassRINO

MAGA, Texas Taliban, and DeSantis-ism do not play well in Purple districts and seats.

Unfortunately, the Congressional GOP has a recent history of accomplishing nothing for the American people.  They are great at delivering for corporations, the Federalist Society, the US Chamber of Commerce, the Conservative media echo chamber, Christian conservtaives, and the GOP's megadonors.

If the GOP wants to win again, they need to deliver for the people who elect them, not the special interests that fund their campaigns.

Corporations may be people, but corporations don't vote at the ballot box.  It's about the voters, stupid.

Go ahead, GOP, double down on the stupid and see what happens ... as Trump siphons RNC funds to pay his legal expenses.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
RCP polling average again predicted this right (or last I saw). Hopefully that continues in November.

Offline libertybele

With the proximity of this district to NYC, I am at least shocked that it at least wasn't close, given the daily on-going Illegal Alien News in that vicinity.

How many ILLEGALS voted??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@LMAO @mystery-ak

Thanks for posting the article, but for some reason, the NY Post cut off the quote from Trump just before it got good.  Here's the full thing from his Truth Social account, and no, I'm not making this up.  First, the link:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111927900516733014

Then, here's what he actually said.  Get a load of the all caps language, and especially the part I bolded:

"Republicans just don’t learn, but maybe she was still a Democrat? I have an almost 99% Endorsement Success Rate in Primaries, and a very good number in the General Elections, as well, but just watched this very foolish woman, Mazi Melesa Pilip, running in a race where she didn’t endorse me and tried to “straddle the fence,” when she would have easily WON if she understood anything about MODERN DAY politics in America. MAGA, WHICH IS MOST OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, STAYED HOME - AND IT ALWAYS WILL, UNLESS IT IS TREATED WITH THE RESPECT THAT IT DESERVES. I STAYED OUT OF THE RACE, “I WANT TO BE LOVED!” GIVE US A REAL CANDIDATE IN THE DISTRICT FOR NOVEMBER. SUOZZI, I KNOW HIM WELL, CAN BE EASILY BEATEN!"

I mean...what the hell is wrong with that guy?  Who puts "I want to be loved" in something like that??  From what I can gather, he's basically saying that he and his supporters won't vote for anybody running unless they endorse him.  And for places like NY, that's pretty devastating because there are a lot of moderate voters who just don't like Trump.  So either the candidate endorses Trump and loses because the moderates vote Democrat, or he/she doesn't endorse Trump, the MAGAs stay home, and the candidate loses.

And then Trump and the MAGAs will rage about how there aren't enough Republicans in Congress because the Democrats cheat.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Just read that Biden won this district by a wide margin in 2020... maybe 2022 was just a fluke?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
Let’s just recap the day real fast.

We wake up and find out that a Republican who is a registered Democrat that was born in Ethiopia and is a member of the Israeli Defense Force lost an election to a registered Democrat that was running as a Democrat.

Then we get to hear there’s a national security threat that immediately requires us to panic.

We then find out it’s some bullshit Russia thing meant to force us to send our money to Ukraine.

We get confirmation that Obama spied on Trump’s presidential and it’s now officially proven. Which most of us knew already.

Then we have a massive shooting at a parade in Missouri… and soon we’ll find out it was some transgender or some leftist who did it.

Does anyone realize how exhausting it is to be an American?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline roamer_1

Just read that Biden won this district by a wide margin in 2020... maybe 2022 was just a fluke?

ANYTIME a Republican of stature is elected in the northeast, it is a fluke.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO @mystery-ak

Thanks for posting the article, but for some reason, the NY Post cut off the quote from Trump just before it got good.  Here's the full thing from his Truth Social account, and no, I'm not making this up.  First, the link:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111927900516733014

Then, here's what he actually said.  Get a load of the all caps language, and especially the part I bolded:

I mean...what the hell is wrong with that guy?  Who puts "I want to be loved" in something like that??  From what I can gather, he's basically saying that he and his supporters won't vote for anybody running unless they endorse him.  And for places like NY, that's pretty devastating because there are a lot of moderate voters who just don't like Trump.  So either the candidate endorses Trump and loses because the moderates vote Democrat, or he/she doesn't endorse Trump, the MAGAs stay home, and the candidate loses.

And then Trump and the MAGAs will rage about how there aren't enough Republicans in Congress because the Democrats cheat.

Wow

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

WE can biotch and complain all we want about Trump. Voters had a choice to select a conservative.  They chose Trump. He's going to be the nominee.  We've lost already.  Voting down ballot is about the only ammunition we have left against the liberals.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO posted above:
“Republicans just don’t learn, but maybe she was still a Democrat?” (Trump quote).

Mr. Trump... is right.
She IS still "registered" as a democrat.
Even though she held a seat in local government "as a Republican".

See mystery's post 13 above.

Long Island -- that part of it which is Republican -- is mostly RINO territory, at best.
Squishy suburbanites and "waving wheat" voters.

Hmmm...
If I was George Santos, I'd throw my hat into the ring for the November elections AGAIN, and watch "Republican" heads explode. He's probably the Pubbies' best chance to retake the seat.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 11:22:39 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You mean to tell me, this race was a Democrat against a Democrat? The GOP was stupid enough to give up the seat?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
MAGA, Texas Taliban, and DeSantis-ism do not play well in Purple districts and seats.
Those are literally the only three philosophies that are any different from the Democrats.

Well guys what? The NYGOP ran a literal Democrat—from a demographic that votes over 98% Democrat—AND STILL LOST.

The party is dying. Is it all Trump's fault? He's certainly not blameless.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024