Author Topic: South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is now barred from entering nearly 20% of her state, report says  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is now barred from entering nearly 20% of her state, report says
Story by rrommen@insider.com (Rebecca Rommen) • 11h

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is barred from nearly 20% of her state, The Associated Press reported.
It comes after her controversial remarks linking tribal leaders and drug cartels.
The bans build on preexisting tensions stemming from Noem's anti-protest stance and COVID-19 clashes.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is now barred from entering nearly 20% of her state, The Associated Press reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-dakota-gov-kristi-noem-is-now-barred-from-entering-nearly-20-of-her-state-report-says/ar-BB1mgFjA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=8e34bd62b4cd4e7fa25b7230b0353044&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Perhaps Matt is trying to be a provocateur here, in response to Noem's "banning":
Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
Why are we still allowing Indian reservations? Who benefits? Nobody. Not America. Not the Indians because reservations are a nightmare of crime, violence, and drugs.
Example after example has proven this fact: Half-conquest does not work. Either take a place or don’t.
6:27 PM · May 13, 2024

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
Exactly correct. The whole thing is a farce. These were Stone Age societies that were conquered 150 years ago. Time to move on.
This is our land. We conquered it fair and square. The Indian Wars lasted for 300 years and you lost. Get over it. These were violent, warfaring people who lived by the sword and died by it. Such is the way of the world. We have nothing to apologize for.
7:58 AM · May 14, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Maybe they are just trying to protect their dogs…. :whistle:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell