Author Topic: The Boy Scouts Are Changing Their Name ‘To Welcome Every Youth’  (Read 671 times)

Online mountaineer

The Boy Scouts Are Changing Their Name ‘To Welcome Every Youth’
Ilan Hulkower, Contributor
May 07, 2024 1:36 PM ET
Daily Caller
The Boy Scouts of America are changing their name “to welcome every youth and family in America,” a press release by the organization said Tuesday.

The new name of the organization will be Scouting America, the press statement reads. The name change will be formalized on Feb. 8, 2025, a date which marks the 115th anniversary of the incorporation of the organization.

Boy Scouts of America started to accept women into its “Cub Scouting and Scouts BSA programs” five years ago and currently serves over 176,000 girls and young women, the organization said. More than 6,000 of these have received the rank of Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts of America announced it was changing the name of its flagship program to Scouts BSA in 2018 to highlight the entrance of girls and young women.

“Though our name will be new, our mission remains unchanged: we are committed to teaching young people to be Prepared. For Life,” Roger A. Krone, president and CEO of Scouting America, said, the press release reads. “This will be a simple but very important evolution as we seek to ensure that everyone feels welcome in Scouting.” ...
*****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 06:24:04 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Boy Scouts - BSA
@boyscouts
The Boy Scouts of America today announced that it will rebrand to Scouting America, reflecting the organization’s ongoing commitment to welcome every youth and family in America to experience the benefits of Scouting. Learn more: https://scoutingnewsroom.org/press-releases
12:21 PM · May 7, 2024

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Another iconic institution kiIIed at the hands of wokeness. Beyond pathetic.
1:38 PM · May 7, 2024
----------------------------
There are many negative responses to BSA's tweet. They blocked End Wokeness for his.  :laugh:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds deliberately vague, fuzzy, smiley and sickly sweet.

Same kind of tactics predators use.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... new name sounds like a cult.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did the name of Girl Scouts change?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

"welcome every youth", they get that from Epstein?

Offline DB

It's dead Jim.

Online mountaineer

Did the name of Girl Scouts change?
No - they're still Girl Scouts of the USA, and still not co-ed.

Offline banddag

My brother was a Scoutmaster for 15  years. He said it was near impossible to get the local dad's involved.

When he quit and it was still Boy Scouts  90% of the Scoutmasters/ volunteers/advisors where women in his area.

Right after that is was changed to Scouts BSA and girls were allowed in.

Americas men allowed this to happen. Two of our local Troops in my hometown that have been around for 60 years or longer now have women Scoutmasters
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 07:02:55 pm by banddag »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No - they're still Girl Scouts of the USA, and still not co-ed.

That will change when the trannies start moving in.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: The Boy Scouts Are Changing Their Name ‘To Welcome Every Youth’
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 07:10:58 pm »

My son's former BSA troop changed over to https://www.traillifeusa.com/ a decade or more ago.

BTW, my son's troop was fairly demanding and quite a few boys earned Eagle rank during my son's time in the troop, my son among them. Some of the Eagle projects were pretty ambitious, more than painting a US states map on an elementary school outdoor basketball court. In the case of one project, the local council commented that it could be 2 or 3 Eagle projects. The departure of my son's troop was not insignificant to the local council.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 07:22:30 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 09:41:34 pm »
Scouting America aka SA...hmmm.
SA sounds vaguely familiar...
Ah, yes...Sturmabteilung, commonly known as "Brownshirts".

Interesting that the masters over in Scouting whatever made it widely known we were not to wear or otherwise promote any militaria in our official program or clothing while I was a leader in the scouts.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2024, 11:12:13 pm »
Boy Scout Movement Now Trans-Friendly ‘Authentic Self’ Group

Neil Munro 7 May 2024

The Boy Scouts of America is changing its 114-year-old name, according to a statement from the tech sector CEO who runs the fabled organization, in what seems to be a bid to deny the reality that boys are different from girls.

The new sexually-neutral name –“Scouting America” — will send “a really strong message to everyone in America that they can come to this program, they can bring their authentic self,” said Roger Krone, the organization’s president and CEO.

Krone’s “authentic self” phrase matches language used by transgender activists who oppose the public recognition that boys and girls, women and men, have different needs and desires. The pro-transgender activists insist that young children can create their individual sexual persona and “gender,” regardless of their male or female nature.

“They can be who they are, and they will be welcomed here,” added Krone, who until recently was the chief of Leidos, a consulting company in defense and healthcare. The scouting organization’s National Executive Board also includes other business leaders.

Krone suggested that the organization’s focus on boys hinders recruitment at a time when more young boys are spending their time glued to semi-addictive social media machines.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/07/boy-scout-movement-becomes-trans-friendly-authentic-self-group/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2024, 11:20:00 pm »
Well, it may - or may not - still be a scouting program, but it certainly isn't the Boy Scouts.  I would hate to think what tranny-pedoes think they're doing when they "scout" boys.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2024, 11:52:23 pm »
If any Mormon churches are still doing Scouts - many congregations left between 2018 and 2020 - this should have them reconsidering. Similarly, many Scout troops are sponsored by Evangelical churches, and this move could also bring reconsideration and possibly some moving over to Trail Life. Scouting lost close to 20% of its boys when the Mormon church bailed, so this move could exacerbate that loss. Even if GSA and SA merged (speaking hypothetically), the conglomerate organization might be land-poor, having trouble maintaining their facilities, due to long-term-trend and change-related membership decline.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If I had a young son today I would NOT let him join this incarnation of a once storied organization.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They had to change the name "Boy Scout" was to descriptive of the new pro perversion leadership. My FIL, an Eagle Scout would be saddened and outraged if he had lived to see state of the Boy Scouts today.