Author Topic: Outrage erupts when authorities toss 2 farmers in prison on 30-day sentences  (Read 2522 times)

Elderberry and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline DB

No it's not. It's radio-telemetry.

Higher resolution sonar.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It sure is a medical procedure whether done on animal s or humans.

Kaiser Permanente sent me a bill for one in a mandatory post-op visit after prostate surgery recently.

They neglected to charge me the standard co-pay to have catheter removed by the nurse, but hit me for $100 for the ultrasound to verify the bladder was emptied after she filled it with saline solution.

The right hand giveth.  The left hand taketh away.   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Higher resolution sonar.

Exactly... Which ain't rocket science either.

Offline Hoodat

For the record, these two men are in jail for contempt of court, not for giving ultrasounds to cows.

https://interactive.fox43.com/pdfs/325-MD-2021-Courts-Rule-to-Show-Cause.pdf
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
For the record, these two men are in jail for contempt of court, not for giving ultrasounds to cows.

Thanks for clearing that up.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Methinks the ghost of sinkspur is wisping about in this thread.

(by the way, what ever happened to that guy? Did he leave on his own... or...?)

Offline DB

I think he was expelled with cause. I forgot the details...

I also seem to remember him getting busted for claiming he was someone/something he wasn't.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:58:31 pm by DB »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nah not shik.  But he is a retread.  Hench the user name.  His posting style reminds me of a pissant from Verona WI who has banned 5 years ago...Once-Ler
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

I think these two guys stepped on somebody's toes. And I don't mean vets. I get that you can be jailed for contempt, no matter how bogus the charge, but no bail? Really?

As far as ultrasound, if it's against the law that's goofy. These guys own their livestock, or they have customers that do. They are not being starved, mistreated in any way. The "old way" of determining pregnancy was far more invasive. Generally the cow was very resistant. And it could cause the cow to abort...or cause the examiner serious harm.

As stated upthread (@polly tics maybe?) it's regular practice to pull a calf if need be. That is a "medical procedure" that has been in practice since the beginning of time.

I guess I've been lucky all these years. I've done countless "medical procedures" on cows, horses, cats and dogs. I only go to the vet if it's beyond my capability. Sheesh! I could have been in prison. :rolling:

Offline DB

Nah not shik.  But he is a retread.  Hench the user name.  His posting style reminds me of a pissant from Verona WI who has banned 5 years ago...Once-Ler

No way. I liked Once-Ler. I thought he simply left.

Offline roamer_1

As stated upthread (@polly tics maybe?) it's regular practice to pull a calf if need be. That is a "medical procedure" that has been in practice since the beginning of time.

I guess I've been lucky all these years. I've done countless "medical procedures" on cows, horses, cats and dogs. I only go to the vet if it's beyond my capability. Sheesh! I could have been in prison. :rolling:

#metoo.  :laugh:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No way. I liked Once-Ler. I thought he simply left.

The posting styles and defensive attitude are very similar.  Gibbs rule #39 for me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What exactly is the contempt?  Failure to pay the Purge?  Interesting....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Farmers also give injections to their livestock on a regular basis. To the gaol with you!
Not to mention the midwifery that goes on pulling calves...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My Lord, what rock do you folks crawl out from under?

SO you would have no problem with an unlicensed/untrained ultrasound person doing an ultrasound on your wife's possible breast cancer diagnosis or a lump in your child  stomach or a lump on your right testicle?

People every day are thrown in jail for performing medical treatments without  a license and they should be.

Those two yahoo farmers were told to stop and they didn't is why their arses were thrown in jail.
I suppose they could just reach in there arm deep and feel around instead of bouncing a few sound waves around and finding out. How do you feel about ranchers pulling calves? sewing up cuts? removing horns? branding? turning little bulls into steers?
Quit assuming farmers are ignorant hicks.

And instead of implying their or our wives are 'cows', recognize that no one is proposing human doctors be replaced with the local rancher, but from what I saw during COVID, my bets are on the guy who gives a shit if the patient actually survives more than their insurance policy.

As for the cows, and their progeny, that's money to ranchers/farmers, but only if they live healthy lives, gain weight, and get to market. Believe me when I say they are not going to endanger the means of production, nor the product.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis