Author Topic: Drinking Water Warning Issued Nationwide  (Read 241 times)

Offline libertybele

Drinking Water Warning Issued Nationwide
« on: Today at 01:33:34 am »
Drinking Water Warning Issued Nationwide

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued an enforcement alert Monday urging water utility systems to take immediate actions to protect the nation's drinking water from cyberattacks.

According to the EPA, recent federal inspections revealed that 70 percent of U.S. water systems inspected do not fully comply with requirements in the Safe Drinking Water Act. The agency added that some systems have "critical cybersecurity vulnerabilities, such as default passwords that have not been updated and single logins that can easily be compromised."

Possible impacts of cyberattacks include interruptions to water treatment and storage and damage to pumps and valves, along with alteration of chemical levels to hazardous amounts, the EPA said.

"In many cases, systems are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is to have completed a risk assessment of their vulnerabilities that includes cybersecurity and to make sure that plan is available and informing the way they do business," EPA Deputy Administrator Janet McCabe said in a press release.

When reached by Newsweek via email Monday afternoon, the EPA pointed to additional information in today's press release and enforcement alert.......................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/drinking-water-warning-issued-nationwide/ar-BB1mJREg?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=b33be7969857468c8e6b916a55195368&ei=25

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Drinking Water Warning Issued Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:27:11 am »
Anyone who drinks tap water as their primary hydration source is in trouble, IMO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:28:41 am »
Anyone who drinks tap water as their primary hydration source is in trouble, IMO.

I do...

With an RO filter in-between...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:48:23 am »
I would at only one place, where I grew up and the water is from a deep artesian well.

Otherwise, it is distilled or filtered (by me), usually.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:00:44 am »
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.