Author Topic: Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy  (Read 266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy
« on: April 26, 2024, 04:33:56 pm »
 Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy

“TGP Communications, the parent company of The Gateway Pundit, recently made the decision to seek protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Florida as a result of the progressive liberal lawfare attacks against our media outlet.”
Posted by Legal Insurrection Staff Thursday, April 25, 2024 at 06:41pm

Thursday, Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft posted the following statement to his long-time blog:

April 24, 2024
    A message from our Founder:

TGP Communications, the parent company of The Gateway Pundit, recently made the decision to seek protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Florida as a result of the progressive liberal lawfare attacks against our media outlet.

This is not an admission of fault or culpability. This is a common tool for reorganization and to consolidate litigation when attacks are coming from all sides. It allows TGP to consolidate this lawfare in one court for ultimate resolution.

Despite the radical left’s efforts to silence The Gateway Pundit through censorship, de-platforming, de-banking, cut-off from advertisers, and other financial strategies, we will not be deterred from our mission of remaining fearless and being one of the most trusted independent media outlets in America today. We do not expect that to change.

Jim Hoft
    The Gateway Pundit Founder

https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/04/gateway-pundit-declares-bankruptcy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 04:51:49 pm »
Not enough nuts going to Gateway Lunatic? Well, gee whiz that sure is a shame. Not that the Hoft brothers would ever print any salacious i.e. false stories. No siree Bob.  :silly:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 09:31:08 pm by goatprairie »

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 05:21:49 pm »
Defamation and libel are not free speech.  Criminal acts are not free speech.

The First Amendment is not a Get Out of Jail Free card to be an @$$hole.

If your media concern is going to bull$h!t, at least make it funny or entertaining:

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 05:29:54 pm »
I'm not particularly sympathetic to Gateway Pundit, but have they lost a slander/libel case? Or merely been buried in possibly frivolous lawfare lawsuits?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 05:42:40 pm »
I'm not particularly sympathetic to Gateway Pundit, but have they lost a slander/libel case? Or merely been buried in possibly frivolous lawfare lawsuits?

After watching leftists for the past decade, I suspect TGP is inundated with frivolous lawsuits.  That said, TGP is not my first choice when looking for news.  They tend to ignore important details in their stories.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:48:19 pm »
I agree with both @PeteS in CA and @Cyber Liberty .  The GP is incredibly sloppy and sensationalistic in its reporting, but I also think they've likely been hit with some suits purely for harassment purposes.

Of course, the same thing is applicable to them that is applicable to Trump -- if you make it too easy for your enemies to come after you, you share in the blame for your fate.