Author Topic: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story  (Read 4682 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
« Reply #100 on: Today at 02:03:36 am »
I would have guessed suffering fools :silly: :silly: :silly:

REALLY? I hadn't noticed  :whistle:

:beer: :seeya:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #101 on: Today at 02:25:07 pm »
No, it doesn't. Without knowing all the details, it sounds like a reasoned response after pets were killed. Why were the dogs able to get to the ducks?

I guess I don't see the difference between the pound and the owner doing it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #102 on: Today at 07:32:26 pm »
Yeah... I ain't been in the city much. All the rest is just part of living out here.

Sorry ... mine was a rhetorical question  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #103 on: Today at 08:27:07 pm »
Sorry ... mine was a rhetorical question  :shrug:

I know. Yours is not a questioning mind.  :whistle:

Online corbe

« Reply #104 on: Today at 08:58:04 pm »
   At least she didn't call you a FOOL, this time.  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: Today at 09:01:18 pm »
   At least she didn't call you a FOOL, this time.  wink777

But alas, not through any self-awareness.  :whistle: :shrug:

Offline berdie

« Reply #106 on: Today at 09:11:56 pm »
I see both sides of this situation. This isn't like an urban area where pets are different than they are in the country. I live in a rural area. If a pet starts killing livestock it's a no go. I have been more lenient with a dog bite since the dog had dementia and I had him put down shortly after. But prior to that it wasn't acceptable. Who knows when a dog might go off on a stranger or a child?

As far as the goat? Some of them can mean little cusses. Heck, even roosters can be lethal. I have a friend named berdie that had an attack rooster that ended up as Sunday dinner. I don't have any idea how berdie found him with a broke neck??

Bottom line, I don't understand why she would even address this in her book. She should have learned from Mitt.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: Today at 11:03:35 pm »
I see both sides of this situation. This isn't like an urban area where pets are different than they are in the country. I live in a rural area. If a pet starts killing livestock it's a no go. I have been more lenient with a dog bite since the dog had dementia and I had him put down shortly after. But prior to that it wasn't acceptable. Who knows when a dog might go off on a stranger or a child?

It is the same thing in the city - The difference being they have law officers and vets to do the deed for them. Notice that I have questioned more than once the idea that putting a dog down is somehow cruel... You're somehow a bad person if you put a bullet in his head - An act, btw that is far quicker in the doing than the time it takes to inject an animal....

I'd hate to tell them how you put down sheep and goats...  :whistle:

As far as the goat? Some of them can mean little cusses. Heck, even roosters can be lethal. I have a friend named berdie that had an attack rooster that ended up as Sunday dinner. I don't have any idea how berdie found him with a broke neck??

Don't even get me started with rams.. Damn mean, be it sheep or goat, and never turn your back. About like a bull, only the bull will take you out in one go. The ram has to work at it.

As for roosters, if I get my bones back together, I want to try to make a proper old-school flock... I think a dual purpose bird, probably American Bres... But the idea would be to go strictly old school and let em get broody and sit... I want to see how many birds it takes to keep you in eggs and still harvest a bird or two a week, and yet maintain a working flock.

That old way is nearly gone, and nobody knows that information anymore.
Still, whether from broody hens or an incubator, what folks are mostly gonna be eating are roosters and then retired hens... Roosters first, because they are mean. And fractious. I'd hate to even know how many I've sent to freezer camp.

Bottom line, I don't understand why she would even address this in her book. She should have learned from Mitt.

I have yet to see the offending passage in its context... Perhaps that is by design.