Author Topic: Apple of their eye: Red dominoes could start to fall with Santos special election  (Read 2359 times)

Offline LMAO

Since they don't seem to mind, let's establish an express lane to the entire Noth East United States  Better there than here in Texas.  :cool:

Agree

Why should you good people in Texas  bear the brunt of Biden’s broken border policy? Share the wealth with the self proclaimed, “sanctuary cities”

After all, part of being a sanctuary city means you’re willing to take the burden off the taxpayers of Texas, right?

Keep them buses flowing until the cities become bankrupt. Only then will the border get fixed.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online ScottinVA

The three main issues in this special election were immigration, crime and abortion.  The people of that district have spoken loudly and clearly… they want much more of all three.

Offline mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
105 Republicans expelled Santos in a swing district and now that seat was flipped by Democrats
0 Democrats in Congress voted to expel Sen. Menendez in solid blue NJ, who was charged with bribery and acting as a foreign agent of Egypt and Qatar
11:15 PM · Feb 13, 2024

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Sen. Menendez was bribed with gold bars and luxury cars and charged with being a foreign agent for Egypt and Qatar - 0 Democrats voted to expel him

Rep. Swalwell slept with a Chinese spy - 0 Democrats voted to expel him

Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulled a fire alarm to obstruct a Congressional proceeding - 0 Democrats voted to expel him

Rep. Ilhan Omar admitted that she is really working for Somalia on tape last month - 0 Democrats voted for expel her
9:17 AM · Feb 14, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Agree

Why should you good people in Texas  bear the brunt of Biden’s broken border policy? Share the wealth with the self proclaimed, “sanctuary cities”

After all, part of being a sanctuary city means you’re willing to take the burden off the taxpayers of Texas, right?

Keep them buses flowing until the cities become bankrupt. Only then will the border get fixed.

:amen:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The three main issues in this special election were immigration, crime and abortion.  The people of that district have spoken loudly and clearly… they want much more of all three.

Arguably, crime and abortion are both state/local issues rather than federal, so they probably didn't play as much of a role.  But immigration...oh yeah, they clearly just voted for more.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I seem to recall reading that the expelled George Santos actually had a 100% (or near that) "conservative rating" in House votes.

Yet... the unctuous "Republicans" in the House thought it remained their obligation to vote to expel him.

As I have posted in this forum repeatedly for months, they were going to NEED Mr. Santos vote. They need it now, more than ever.

I don't particularly care that Mr. Santos was "corrupt", or that he lied about certain aspects of his resume.

That was fine with me.
YES, you are reading that correctly, these are exactly my sentiments.

I PREFER the corrupt politician to the "sanctimonious" one, so long as he leaves me (and the rest of us) alone. I will give an example as to why.

Here in Connecticut, a number of years ago, we had a Republican governor named John Rowland. He was prosecuted and convicted for accepting bribes, and sent to jail.

Awful "Republican", right?
Well, Mr. Rowland didn't raise my taxes, and during his administration made no moves to restrict our freedoms.

But now we have dem-communist governors who don't take bribes but DO actively try to implement "changes you can believe in", such as signing into law one of the most restrictive gun laws in the country (you can't even buy ammunition here without being registered with the state).

Again, give me the corrupt pol who leaves us alone, rather than the "do-gooder" leftist who in reality aspires to tyranny.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I understand that just fine.  I don't agree with all of that, but it is a valuable perspective, @Fishrrman
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

From a practical standpoint, I think we have to take whatever help the northeastern republicans will give us.  Their presence is required as a buffer to total domination.  Under our system a simple democrat majority can eliminate the filibuster, add states, expand the court ... and then we may have citizenship, but zero influence over how the country is governed.

I understand the lay of the land. You are under the assumption that conservatives have any influence at all. Republicans have been offering the appearance of opposition pretty much my whole life. But it is only the appearance of opposition.

The ONLY time that has ever changed is when Conservatives successfully attain some weight - Reagan, 94 Congress, TEA... The times the Republicans have come close to their promise and provided REAL opposition to the liberals is when it moves toward the orthodox in Conservative movements.

Otherwise a smattering of successes in court cases and individual instances. But no cohesion, no plan, no unity... and often collusion with the liberals they purport to oppose.

It is not as easy as I am saying it, and I know that. But there is no practicality in collusion.
The ONLY ones that actually bring the fight to the liberals IS the Conservatives.
Thus, anything but moving the Republicans toward Conservative orthodoxy is a waste of time, and a comfort to the enemy.

The RINOs gotta go - at least as a matter of leverage - or the whole deal will fail. That's the truth of it. Fifty years of losses prove it.