Author Topic: Wind and solar are slaughtering India's iconic bird  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wind and solar are slaughtering India's iconic bird
« on: February 13, 2024, 02:03:17 pm »
February 11, 2024
Wind and solar are slaughtering India's iconic bird
By Vijay Jayaraj
By commissioning expensive and inefficient wind and solar electric-generating facilities, India may have dug the grave of its own efforts to save its beloved and critically endangered bird, known as Great Indian bustard, which is distantly related to the crane.

Erected to avert a faux climate crisis, the so-called renewable machines and their attendant transmission lines are helping to drive one of Earth’s largest flying birds to the brink of extinction.

Avian aficionados such as myself have long bemoaned prioritizing wind and solar technologies at the expense of endangered flora and fauna. In India, this bird is special, and almost became the national bird, losing out to the more spectacular peacock. Yet, the relentless push for needless climate solutions seems to ignore this as “green energy” installations and avian fatalities increase in tandem.

Though well documented, the issue of bird fatalities worldwide is frequently downplayed and, at times, even deemed a regrettable but essential consequence of the quasi-religious war against global warming.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/02/wind_and_solar_are_slaughtering_indias_iconic_bird.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 02:07:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson