General Category > Elections 2024

Haley: ‘Rogue golf ball’ is closest Trump has come to combat

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Haley: ‘Rogue golf ball’ is closest Trump has come to combat

GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley again slammed former President Trump for his comments mocking her deployed husband, saying a “rogue golf ball” is the closest the former president has ever come to combat.

“The closest Donald Trump has ever come to harm’s way is a rogue golf ball hitting his cart. It’s not surprising that he doesn’t understand the sacrifices made by those in uniform,” Haley wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Trump took aim at Haley’s husband, who was deployed to Africa in June with the South Carolina Army National Guard, for not being on the campaign trail with Haley at a Saturday rally in South Carolina.

Since then, Haley has responded by calling Trump’s remarks “insulting to military families” and by releasing a campaign ad Monday highlighting Trump’s previous remarks mocking veterans.

She also addressed Trump’s remarks in an interview with Fox News on Monday, saying the comments were “disgusting.”

“To sit there and mock my husband for not being with me on the presidential trail because he is deployed and serving our country. You mock one veteran, you’re mocking all veterans,” she said, noting that Trump has previously taken aim at members of the military and veterans.

“The problem with Trump is he’s never been anywhere near a uniform. He apparently had some sort of foot reason that he says he couldn’t do that. But the reality is the closest he’s come to harm’s way is a golf ball hitting him on a — on a golf cart,” she said.

Haley appeared to be referring to a medical deferment from the military draft during the Vietnam War granted to Trump because of bone spurs on his feet.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4463197-haley-golf-trump-combat/

the OlLine Rebel:
I hadn’t even heard about this spew from Trump on his worship service the other day.  Of course FR sycophants never mention anything negative.

Pretty funny and accurate statement about Don.  Zing, just like he constantly does to her and everyone not himself.

OTOH, did Niki do anything MIL?  I know her husband but how about her, since some have been allowed to do so much the last 30 years?

LMAO:
His comment enters the mix with his “respects people who aren’t captured” comments and the rumors he called veterans “suckers and losers.”

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: the OlLine Rebel on February 12, 2024, 06:13:43 pm ---OTOH, did Niki do anything MIL?  I know her husband but how about her, since some have been allowed to do so much the last 30 years?
--- End quote ---
I'm guessing she's trying to adopt her husband's military experience as her own.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: the OlLine Rebel on February 12, 2024, 06:13:43 pm ---I hadn’t even heard about this spew from Trump on his worship service the other day.  Of course FR sycophants never mention anything negative.

Pretty funny and accurate statement about Don.  Zing, just like he constantly does to her and everyone not himself.

OTOH, did Niki do anything MIL?  I know her husband but how about her, since some have been allowed to do so much the last 30 years?

--- End quote ---

I have no problem zinging DJT either, but I consider Nimrata 10X worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version