Author Topic: RFK Jr. apologizes to family for Super Bowl ad using JFK jingle  (Read 826 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr. apologizes to family for Super Bowl ad using JFK jingle
« on: February 12, 2024, 02:13:17 pm »
RFK Jr. apologizes to family for Super Bowl ad using JFK jingle
By
Jack Birle
February 12, 2024 8:44 am

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. apologized to his family for a Super Bowl advertisement using an old jingle from the 1960 campaign of his uncle, former President John F. Kennedy.

The advertisement ran during the 2024 Super Bowl, which saw the Chiefs edge the 49ers 25-22 in overtime, and was paid for by American Values 2024, a super PAC supporting Kennedy’s third-party run. Kennedy apologized for any pain the advertisement may have caused, noting that he did not have any involvement or approval of what super PACs do due to Federal Election Commission guidelines.

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1756900265368723562
“I’m so sorry if the Super Bowl advertisement caused anyone in my family pain. The ad was created and aired by the American Values Super PAC without any involvement or approval from my campaign. FEC rules prohibit Super PACs from consulting with me or my staff. I love you all. God bless you,” Kennedy said in a post on X on Sunday.

Despite his apology, a post of the video by Kennedy remains his pinned post on his X profile.

The advertisement took an old John F. Kennedy presidential ad and modified it to show images of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and to say to vote independent, rather than Democratic, in most instances throughout the 30-second spot.

https://twitter.com/AmValues2024/status/1756847553595760906

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2850138/rfk-jr-apologizes-to-family-for-super-bowl-ad-using-jfk-jingle/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: RFK Jr. apologizes to family for Super Bowl ad using JFK jingle
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 02:16:58 pm »
We had the sound off when it came on, but I thought it was in questionable taste.

Mark Noonan
@Mark_E_Noonan
The primary reason to refuse support for Kennedy is that he’s a coward.
9:14 AM · Feb 12, 2024

Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
I'm so sorry if the Super Bowl advertisement caused anyone in my family pain. The ad was created and aired by the American Values Super PAC without any involvement or approval from my campaign. FEC rules prohibit Super PACs from consulting with me or my staff. I love you all. God bless you.

Rich Baris The People's Pundit
@Peoples_Pundit
You are going to blow all the money and political capital you just spent and gained apologizing to those who love their privilege more than their own family.
Who is advising this guy?
11:37 PM · Feb 11, 2024
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 02:22:26 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 02:30:18 pm »
I'm nuetral on the ad, but have been watching poltics almost my entire life, and am adamant that any Kennedy is a hard core lefty, and can't be trusted.

OTOH, if he can help sink Pedo Joe's, Newome's, or the Wookie's ship, I'm all for it
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 04:41:33 pm »
DNC Files FEC Complaint Against RFK Jr. Alleging Illegal Super PAC Coordination

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1757080637612421598
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 04:46:53 pm »
We had the sound off when it came on, but I thought it was in questionable taste.

I dunno, I thought it was clever, since RFK IS a Kennedy after all, and JFK's actual nephew.  Heck, he even looks like him!

They're just mad that he's hurting Biden.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 02:30:23 am »
Meh ... I think some of his ideas don't exactly coincide with most of his family members and that's their real beef.  That ad didn't do anything to embarrass or humiliate the family, so I think it's a tad ridiculous that they were so offended.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 02:47:50 am »
The ad was great, and it accomplished what the super PAC intended: to let casual voters know he exists.  Now he needs to get on the ballot.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 04:46:22 pm »
I dunno, I thought it was clever, since RFK IS a Kennedy after all, and JFK's actual nephew.  Heck, he even looks like him!

They're just mad that he's hurting Biden.

I'm more anti-RFK than most, but my wife and I both thought it was a clever ad.  The nostalgia vibe probably played pretty well among people who can't believe we're down to Biden/Trump again, and believe that things used to be better.  And some of that "vintage" type stuff is pretty popular with young people.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 05:46:42 pm »
Damn shame.

I liked it.

I think it was probably one of the top ads in the Super Bowl….
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.