Author Topic: BBC Asks “Are the politics of climate change going out of fashion?”  (Read 764 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BBC Asks “Are the politics of climate change going out of fashion?”
14 hours ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

Labour opposition leader Keir Starmer’s election campaign decision to cancel a pledge to spend £28 billion per year on green projects has rocked the British political landscape.

Kuenssberg: Are the politics of climate change going out of fashion?

By Laura Kuenssberg

Presenter, Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg

Politics has fashions too – what’s in and out. It’s not so long ago that world leaders were jostling to be pictured with celebs like Leonardo diCaprio, Stella McCartney or Emma Watson at the huge COP26 climate conference in Glasgow where Boris Johnson played host.

Then, it was hip to be green – being at COP in 2021 was the political equivalent of the fashion week front row. But with Labour shrinking away from its big £28bn commitments this week, and the Conservatives shifting tack and rumoured to be dropping the so-called “boiler tax”, there’s no doubt trends have changed.

What’s different?

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak took the first steps back in September. He didn’t junk the government’s green commitments but slowed the pace of existing plans.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/02/11/bbc-asks-are-the-politics-of-climate-change-going-out-of-fashion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• The Conservative Rapscallion of the Carp Kingdom
  • Political Researcher
Re: BBC Asks “Are the politics of climate change going out of fashion?”
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 01:40:50 pm »
Out of Fashion?  Is that the woke terminology now of "scam has been exposed"?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 02:48:14 pm »
Robin Monotti
@robinmonotti
JOHN CLAUSER, 2022 PHYSICS NOBEL PRIZE WINNER: "I can very confidently assert, there is NO climate emergency."

“As much as it may upset many people, my message is the planet is NOT in peril. … atmospheric CO2 and methane have negligible effect on the climate. The policies government have been implementing are total unnecessary and should be eliminated.  ...

https://twitter.com/robinmonotti/status/1756770352431014315
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org
---------------
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 03:05:42 pm »
Owl Gore is heartbroken!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 03:47:50 pm »
Yes, Global Climate Change policies increase the cost of living and threaten to cause global famine.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright