Author Topic: Any Old Farts Here?😏  (Read 17004 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Any Old Farts Here?😏
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2024, 10:43:33 pm »
Well, we've never set the definition of an "old fart" -- so here is a quiz to see if you qualify:

https://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_an_old_fart

Clearly I've got some work to do.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2024, 10:43:38 pm »
Yikes. 74%. I was set up!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2024, 10:53:59 pm »
68%  I am satisfied with that.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2024, 10:54:57 pm »
Clearly I've got some work to do.

LOL! I'm among the oldest here and that is the exact same score I got @AllThatJazzZ . Never trust an on line survey.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2024, 10:56:48 pm »
I got 60%  -- so 40% of me is still a youngster.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2024, 03:44:19 pm »
Only 58% old fart.   I am outraged  How dare they..

They evidently the quiz masters haven't seen my posts on here.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2024, 03:08:36 am »
Well, we've never set the definition of an "old fart" -- so here is a quiz to see if you qualify:

https://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_an_old_fart
Geez, I'm only 55% (Little do they know!  888bravo)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2024, 06:45:00 pm »
Geez, I'm only 55% (Little do they know!  888bravo)

Those low scores kinda hurt your feelings, don't they? I didn't come this far not to be able to rock the "Old Fart" label.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2024, 06:50:24 pm »
Those low scores kinda hurt your feelings, don't they? I didn't come this far not to be able to rock the "Old Fart" label.

I sent you a PM yesterday @AllThatJazzZ did you get it?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2024, 06:51:01 pm »
72% OF.

Oh, well. At least I haven't started yelling at clouds. Yet.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2024, 07:10:57 pm »
I sent you a PM yesterday @AllThatJazzZ did you get it?

@Bigun

Yes, thanks.

On the subject of old farts and why I assumed I was one, I've got a little story to tell that you might remember.

In the olden days when Dan Patrick ran the Houston talk radio market, we had it good here. We could listen to Rush live at 11 on 950 AM and catch it again on 700 AM (KSEV?) at 2 p.m. I was spoiled to this because I would get interrupted at work during Rush's show, and it afforded me the opportunity to hear what I'd missed.

My world took a hit when Dan left or restructured or whatever he did. We no longer had the rerun and, IIRC, Dan didn't call any of the shots anymore. Eventually some new owners/managers moved in and things really started changing. A lot of us were irked and weighed in. The new suits didn't appreciate that we didn't appreciate them, so they ragged on us. Someone referred to the previous format as "Old Fart radio." I'd be willing to bet it was Michael Berry, but I don't know that for sure. It does sound very Michael Berry-ish. BTW, you could tell that the new suits were so unfamiliar with Houston. I remember one traffic report when the reporter said there was heavy traffic at (whatever) Street and OST. The goober pronounced OST so that it rhymed with toast. Old Fart radio, my Texas tuches!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2024, 07:14:02 pm »
68% for me.  Just like @roamer_1.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2024, 07:40:16 pm »

Wow! You are 68% percent old fart.  :shrug:

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2024, 07:44:54 pm »
@Bigun

Yes, thanks.

On the subject of old farts and why I assumed I was one, I've got a little story to tell that you might remember.

In the olden days when Dan Patrick ran the Houston talk radio market, we had it good here. We could listen to Rush live at 11 on 950 AM and catch it again on 700 AM (KSEV?) at 2 p.m. I was spoiled to this because I would get interrupted at work during Rush's show, and it afforded me the opportunity to hear what I'd missed.

My world took a hit when Dan left or restructured or whatever he did. We no longer had the rerun and, IIRC, Dan didn't call any of the shots anymore. Eventually some new owners/managers moved in and things really started changing. A lot of us were irked and weighed in. The new suits didn't appreciate that we didn't appreciate them, so they ragged on us. Someone referred to the previous format as "Old Fart radio." I'd be willing to bet it was Michael Berry, but I don't know that for sure. It does sound very Michael Berry-ish. BTW, you could tell that the new suits were so unfamiliar with Houston. I remember one traffic report when the reporter said there was heavy traffic at (whatever) Street and OST. The goober pronounced OST so that it rhymed with toast. Old Fart radio, my Texas tuches!

I remember those days very well myself. I was friend with Mike Richards and Kevin Price in the early days of KSEV and spoke with them regularly on that show.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2024, 07:48:35 pm »
I remember those days very well myself. I was friend with Mike Richards and Kevin Price in the early days of KSEV and spoke with them regularly on that show.

@Bigun

Don't you think that sounds like a Michael Berry thing to say? He's not known to have a filter for the things he says. Not that that's a bad thing.  wink777

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2024, 07:59:54 pm »
@Bigun

Don't you think that sounds like a Michael Berry thing to say? He's not known to have a filter for the things he says. Not that that's a bad thing.  wink777

Dunno! I do know that I think Michael is the closest thing to Rush on the radio today. (Can't stand Buck and Travis.)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2024, 08:08:31 pm »
Dunno! I do know that I think Michael is the closest thing to Rush on the radio today. (Can't stand Buck and Travis.)

@Bigun

When he's focused on current events as opposed to jibber-jabber, he's really good. Unfortunately, Rush can never be equaled. Like you, I'm not a Clay and Buck fan. I don't know how that decision was ever made.

P.S. I was crazy about Mike Richards. I hope he's doing well. I don't think I remember Kevin Price.

Gotta go vote! Later, y'all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2024, 08:14:49 pm »
@Bigun

Yes, thanks.

In the olden days when Dan Patrick ran the Houston talk radio market, we had it good here. We could listen to Rush live at 11 on 950 AM and catch it again on 700 AM (KSEV?) at 2 p.m.

Before the days of Rush, there was a rock station in Houston called KSRR - Kick Ass Rock-n-Roll.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2024, 08:17:35 pm »
@Bigun

When he's focused on current events as opposed to jibber-jabber, he's really good. Unfortunately, Rush can never be equaled. Like you, I'm not a Clay and Buck fan. I don't know how that decision was ever made.

P.S. I was crazy about Mike Richards. I hope he's doing well. I don't think I remember Kevin Price.

Gotta go vote! Later, y'all.

Kevin Price ( Kevin is now here ) was Mike's partner on the show in the early days of KSEV.  After the Radio gig ended Mike went on to become President of the International Bible Society (now Biblica) and held that post for years. Last time I saw him he was really showing his age. Happens to all of us eventually.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 08:30:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2024, 08:20:47 pm »
Before the days of Rush, there was a rock station in Houston called KSRR - Kick Ass Rock-n-Roll.

@Hoodat

Not my kind of music, so I never heard of this station. I was/am the KIKKer type. Also a huge fan of Paul Berlin.

Offline berdie

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2024, 09:06:32 pm »

I was 68 per cent as well...so I guess I'm in good company with you and Roamer. :laugh:

I guess I'm not quite old enough to grab a shot gun and shout "Get off my lawn!"...yet.

Offline berdie

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2024, 09:13:01 pm »
@Hoodat

Not my kind of music, so I never heard of this station. I was/am the KIKKer type. Also a huge fan of Paul Berlin.

I listen to classic rock as a rule. At one time (and maybe still)  there was a  Houston station that played classic C&W. I really enjoyed that when I drove that direction.

Of course, I also listen to classical, jazz, Big Band on my home stereo. Anything but rap or opera.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2024, 09:23:53 pm »
Wow! You are 68% percent old fart.  :shrug:

I expected higher....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2024, 09:35:07 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2024, 10:21:30 pm »

Here... Pull my finger...