Author Topic: America Last: 12 Senate Republicans Vote to Send Ukraine Another $60B After Vowing to Put U.S. Borde  (Read 4041 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Yep, typical dim and RINO mindset.  Ukraine first, domestic security and protection a distant last.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

This thread is about sending money to Ukraine.

And I'll add.....

Typical extremist response from a group that is so blinded it can't see much of anything.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I support Ukraine aid based on these terms, conditions, and priority....

1. Deficit ceases to increase, and no more addtional increases incurred of deficit spending.
2. All domestic issues like border, fentanyl, citizens like Ohio rail victims and Maui are addressed.
3. Israeli support comes before any kind provided Ukraine
4. Ukraine.....But any financial support to Ukraaine needs to have auditing and accounting principles applied down to the penny.

Enjoy watching from the sideline as you get 100% of nothing.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Mayorkas being fired would be a cherry on the cake.

Who would have taken his place ?

You fire a dem selection and they get to replace him/her.  You really think they won't work to make you regret you choice.

Does anyone think this stuff through ?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Enjoy watching from the sideline as you get 100% of nothing.

Not seeing our government spend (waste) our tax dollars?  I'd call that  a win any day. 

Your folly only adds to the $34T debacle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

I wonder how much of the $60 billion will actually go to Ukraine?  At least now the Dems will have plenty of campaign money to spend between now and November.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm thinking a Europe where Russia just swallowed Ukraine, and Trump says he's not going to help defend NATO, probably isn't a good thing for the U.S..  But it seems that perhaps a majority of the GOP now feels differently.

Offline Hoodat

$60 billion can buy over 13,000 M1 Abrams tanks.  Or over 950 F-16s.  Or 115,000 M777 artillery guns.  And it is pretty clear that Ukraine has not been getting weapons shipments anywhere near these numbers.

There is a hell of a lot of graft going on.  And it is the US that is the guilty party here.  $60 billion.  And Ukraine will be lucky to get some 40-year-old M113s, or maybe some M2s.  Maybe some anti-tank missiles or SAMs.  But the vast majority of this money will be funneled though the State Department and DoD, and will never make it inside the Ukraine border.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

$60 billion can buy over 13,000 M1 Abrams tanks.  Or over 950 F-16s.  Or 115,000 M777 artillery guns.  And it is pretty clear that Ukraine has not been getting weapons shipments anywhere near these numbers.

There is a hell of a lot of graft going on.  And it is the US that is the guilty party here.  $60 billion.  And Ukraine will be lucky to get some 40-year-old M113s, or maybe some M2s.  Maybe some anti-tank missiles or SAMs.  But the vast majority of this money will be funneled though the State Department and DoD, and will never make it inside the Ukraine border.

It can't buy any of those things because we don't have them in that quantity.   The issue is the consumption of massive quantities of ammunition, especially smart munitions, that are very expensive.

But I do agree that much of this isn't actually money that will go into Ukraine.  It is essentially us paying ourselves for munitions and equipment we are sending to them.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Not seeing our government spend (waste) our tax dollars?  I'd call that  a win any day. 

Your folly only adds to the $34T debacle.

Except they are going to waste them.

Enjoy your "win".

Offline AL

The Dirty Dozen.  Like to see a full accounting of how much each of these people are making from this war with no end in sight.

Looks to me like Putin is the only one who could end this by a full invasion and elimination of the current political establishment in Ukraine.  I hope Trump is elected; this war and the invasion on our borders will be dealt with in short order.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Except they are going to waste them.

Enjoy your "win".

Enjoy your complicity in supporting deficit spending.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

I guess we're supposed to believe Austin tweeted this from the critical care unit.

a newsman
@a_newsman
Former Raytheon board member turned Secretary of Defense urges congress to buy more bombs. National security journalists uncritically amplify the press release. Great country.
9:33 PM · Feb 13, 2024

Jennifer Griffin
@JenGriffinFNC
Austin thanks Senate for passing supplemental aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan. Bill includes $3.3 billion to strengthen submarine industrial base to counter China. The bill creates jobs, replenishes depleted U.S. stockpiles.
9:22 PM · Feb 13, 2024

https://twitter.com/SecDef/status/1757587759085039761

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Henry Rodgers
@henryrodgersdc
NEW: J.D. Vance is distributing this memo to every Republican office on Capitol Hill: The Ukraine Supplemental Includes a Hidden Impeachment Clause Against President Trump
9:31 AM · Feb 12, 2024

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1757049880638341230

@mountaineer

Yah,hoo dem bastids think dey be,ta be standin in da way ob Globalism,anywais,rite?

ALL HAIL GLOBALISM,COMRADES!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 Don't feed the :troll:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Enjoy your complicity in supporting deficit spending.

Except you can't show I am complicit in deficit spending.

I only said they'd spend them.  That's a fact.  I never said I liked it. 

Stop making stuff up.

Offline libertybele

Yep, typical dim and RINO mindset.  Ukraine first, domestic security and protection a distant last.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Who would have taken his place ?

You fire a dem selection and they get to replace him/her.  You really think they won't work to make you regret you choice.

Does anyone think this stuff through ?

@HikerGuy83

So basically, what you are saying is that instead of standing up for the Constitution of the United States of America, we should remained paralyzed in fear and do nothing to stop Mayorkas from violating his vows of office, committing perjury, and pissing all over the Constitution.  Because if we stand up for what's right, just, and true, the Democrats might do something bad, right?

To hell with that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Kevin Cramer calls the impeachment of Mayorkis: "While all but a few House Republicans united behind the impeachment push, several GOP senators have poured cold water on the effort. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, a Trump ally, called it “obviously dead on arrival” and “the worst, dumbest exercise and use of time.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/failure-republicans-will-try-impeach-mayorkas-border-rcna138474

The GOP House and GOP Senate....the gift that keeps on giving....to the left.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@HikerGuy83

So basically, what you are saying is that instead of standing up for the Constitution of the United States of America, we should remained paralyzed in fear and do nothing to stop Mayorkas from violating his vows of office, committing perjury, and pissing all over the Constitution.  Because if we stand up for what's right, just, and true, the Democrats might do something bad, right?

To hell with that.

Well, isn't the bolded what you want too?   You want impeachment, but we all know that in fact, impeachment is "doing nothing to stop" Mayorkas.  It's purely performative.

The only real potential advantage of an impeachment when you know you can't get a conviction is the additional public scrutiny/exposure you get from well-run impeachment hearings.   Have the hearings, and maybe they'll swing public opinion in a meaningful way.

But..where are those hearings?   Whatever they did, it got very little coverage, and certainly changed no opinions.   The vote has been taken so the House's role is over.  It now switches over to the Senate where the entire process, narrative, etc. will be controlled by the Democratic majority.

Complete failure, and we knew that was inevitable before it even started.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 05:45:25 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Except you can't show I am complicit in deficit spending.

I only said they'd spend them.  That's a fact.  I never said I liked it. 

Stop making stuff up.

Make up what?  I can count at least a half dozen times alone on this thread alone that you have said you actively support providing Ukraine $60B in aid. Has that $60B been appropriated and budgeted by Congress?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Make up what?  I can count at least a half dozen times alone on this thread alone that you have said you actively support providing Ukraine $60B in aid. Has that $60B been appropriated and budgeted by Congress?

This should be good.  Please point out the posts where I supported the Ukraine aid bill.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
You're a smart guy, so you can't possibly think that this impeachment will actually stop Mayorkas from doing any of that.  Or even slow him down.  It'll be ignored.

The only real potential advantage of an impeachment when you know you can't get a conviction is the additional public scrutiny/exposure you get from well-run impeachment hearings.   Have the hearings, and maybe they'll swing public opinion in a meaningful way.

But..where are those hearings?   Whatever they did, it got very little coverage, and certainly changed no opinions.   The vote has been taken so the House's role is over.  It now switches over to the Senate where the entire process, narrative, etc. will be controlled by the Democratic majority.

Complete failure, and we knew that was inevitable before it even started.

Yep....and Santos' seat goes dem, thanks in part (per the MSM...so I take it with a grain of salt) to our sacking the border bill (after we encouraged it).

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Now, the house is saying it might delay the aid bill. 

You can't make this stuff up.

Why ?  Apparently there is no border protection provisions in the bill !!!!!!

If assholes could fly, congress would be an airport.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This should be good.  Please point out the posts where I supported the Ukraine aid bill.

My apologies, of nothing specific, but you sure damned well seem eager to negotiate so that border and other aid are linked. 

Which actual becomes an endorsement of aid, in an indirect way.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
My apologies, of nothing specific, but you sure damned well seem eager to negotiate so that border and other aid are linked. 

Which actual becomes an endorsement of aid, in an indirect way.

Wrong again.

I wanted the bill to proceed.  But Schumer pulled his little stunt. 

Seems that the GOP senate would have gotten assurances that he wan't going to do that before sticking their necks out.

Tying it to aid only created the s-storm they are in now. 

Johnson sounds like he's tabeling it for a bit.

A big airport.