Author Topic: Texas GOP to Vote on Censuring House Speaker Dade Phelan  (Read 2372 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Texas GOP to Vote on Censuring House Speaker Dade Phelan
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2024, 06:04:40 pm »
I hope and pray that you are exactly right and that he takes ALL of his lieutenants with him into retirement.

I used to have a tad of respect for Rick Perry.  Post governorship he's proven to be a worthless squish, and a Bushie toadie.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2024, 06:09:35 pm »
I used to have a tad of respect for Rick Perry.  Post governorship he's proven to be a worthless squish, and a Bushie toadie.

Please listen to this! You will be better for it!

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/episode/pm-show-hr-1-maximizing-150794270/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2024, 07:41:49 pm »
I see that the Texas Farm Bureau has endorsed Dade Phelan for re-election and that is a big deal in rural areas. I'm going to take this opportunity to explain how that works and why no one shoud pay any attention to such endorsements.

When I ran for the Texas Legislature years ago my incumbent Democrat opponent was a fellow who had already voted against concealed carry three times. My recollection is that the NRA was heavily advocating for passage, I was a life member at that time and fully onboard, but the NRA endorsed the guy I was running against because their area rep at the time was a former member of the legislature and friend of my opponent. I'm sure that Farm Bureau endorsements work the same way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien