Author Topic: Why Are Red State Republicans Often Such Losers? Kurt Schlichter  (Read 272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Are Red State Republicans Often Such Losers?
Kurt Schlichter

How come we are always so grievously disappointed by red state Republicans? You would think these guys would be the hardest of the hard, but instead, they are softer than Chris Christie’s gut. It’s obnoxious. They should be the best, but they’re often the worst. Squishy. Craven. Dumb. Come election year, they are Ripley in “Aliens;” the rest of the time they are Burke.

We’re not talking about Susan Collins here. Maine is a blue state, so she’s the best we are ever going to do. You can’t hold her being a moderate against her because she doesn’t pretend to be anything else. No, I’m talking about the guys from the manly red states. I’m talking about guys who should be channeling Godzilla and instead channel Barney the Dinosaur.

Take Senator Jim Lankford – that’s James to you, peasants! Take him, please! He’s from Oklahoma, so he should be so right-wing he makes Genghis Khan look like a San Francisco pinko pervert. But no. Given the chance to negotiate immigration reform – a proper reform would consist simply of us shutting the border and deporting all illegals – Jimmy rolled over for Chuck Schumer and agreed to the most embarrassingly bad deal since a bunch of Dutch sharpies ripped off the local indigenous peoples by buying Manhattan for 20 bucks worth of beads and some smallpox-laden blankets.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/02/08/why-are-red-state-republicans-often-such-losers-n2634898
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Why Are Red State Republicans Often Such Losers? Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 05:53:37 pm »
Doubling down on the same ineffectiveness and crazy is not the solution.

The GOP, as a national party, is being subsumed by Trump's MAGA Cult of Personality.  Trump is the GOP.  The GOP is Trump.

Trump is a locust who feeds upon other people's money; when that money is gone, he moves on to find another pile of money to consume.

The national party has devolved into feifdoms of SuperPACS.  Who needs a party when there are SuperPACs to bankroll their campaigns?  SuperPACS can be owned by billionaire megadonors, who run them as corporate poltical enterprises that buy, lease, rent the expertise necessary to conduct national campaigns.

The SuperPAC's competitive advantage over political parties is fundraising.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 06:07:08 pm »
Why Are Red State Republicans Often Such Losers

I'll take "Because they have both Democrats and establishment Republicans constantly working their asses off to defeat them" for $2000 Alex.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 06:20:07 pm »
... or, that Republican candidates are less popular than Dem and Independent Candidates.  Elections ARE popularity contests.  Candidates matter.

A candidate for US Senator for Pennsylvania should:

1.) Live in Pennsylvania, well before the campaign starts.
2.) Not grocery shop at Whole Foods, aka Whole Paycheck.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 06:44:19 pm »
Two of the Three most powerful Republicans in the Country are Donald J. Trump and Mitch McConnell.

I'll just leave it at that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.