Author Topic: What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?  (Read 19800 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2024, 03:38:52 am »
So why did McConnell green light the negotiations.

He'd have been better off just ignoring the whole mess.

The GOP comes off looking stupid. 

Lindsay Graham just made an ass of himself.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2024, 01:48:38 pm »
The MSM is having a field day with this one. 

Not about the border.....frankly, who really cares.  Our senate doesn't seem to.

But about how the GOP entered into an agreement to negotiate a bipartisan bill (meaning they trusted the democrats) and when it came forth with their support...they turned on it. 

They should never have done anything......they handed Biden all kinds of ammo.

Now, the economy doesn't seem to be such a problem for people.  Seems we've gotten used to high prices and high interest rates (no wonder the rich keep getting richer). 

This summer is looking more and more ugly.

Here is from the net:

To be sure, Mace was hardly the only one who failed to do her homework before condemning the legislation. In fact, Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma, the Republican co-author of the bipartisan bill, told NBC News this week, “Quite frankly, I was surprised at some folks that said, ‘It’ll take me days and weeks to be able to read through the bill,’ yet within a few minutes they tweeted out their opposition.”

Lankford, a solid conservative, shellshocked by what hit him....makes the GOP look stupid.  Never mind the democrats are worse at this.....it's someone in our own party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2024, 01:59:39 pm »
Do you live in Texas like I do?  5K needs to be zero. I prefer not to capituate.  Your comprimise allows Pedo Joe, his toadies,and RINOs a toe hold to expand, and based in on newly legalized "illegal immigration"   There are a few hills that are worth dying over.  Keeping the massive hoard is one of them.

@catfish1957

I don't even live anywhere NEAR Texas,and I couldn't  agree more with you post.

We either stop un-controlled  "immigration",or it WILL be the end of America.

Or is there  someone out there who thinks that national bankruptcy and anarchy will make us stronger?

If so,what do YOU think will happen when all those "free money"  checks quit rolling in and  there IS no more electricity or water coming to the "projects",no more "free" food,"free" medicine,"free medical care,"free" clothing,"free" educations that even PAY THEM to go to schools,etc,etc,etc stop happening?

Do you maybe THINK that there is a possibility that "Nationwide Anarchy" will happen,and the calls will arise for the government to "Do something,do ANYTHING,BUT STOP THE RIOTS!"

Can you say "Neo-Soviet Dictatorship"?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 02:03:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2024, 02:06:56 pm »
You really think that 5K number will stay 5K?  I've got some neat swamp land in FL, I'll sell ya real cheap.  There is no valid negotiations with the dims and RINOs., just capitualtion.

The fact you trust democrats is pretty disturbing.

@catfish1957

You CLEARLY  misspelled the words "High,dry land".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2024, 02:09:00 pm »
Doing it your way ==> Less border patrol agents.

5000 is better that what we have now and we can always shrink that number.

This is nothing but a hatchet job orchestrated for campaign reasons.

I don't trust ANYBODY.

@HikerGuy83

ROFLMAO!

WHEN was the last time the government actually shrank a dollar number that buys votes?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2024, 02:10:49 pm »
Let me clue you into a tad of political strategery.......

Scenario 1-  Johnson and the House agree, 5K daily becomes legal and the standard. Legal  Illegical immigration starts, becomes institutionalized,  and never ends.  Becomes big political win for Biden despite already letting in millons.  Biden wins in November based on perceved but incorrect  improving economy, and border improvement

or

Scenario 2- House holds the line, and forces the dims and RINOs int only a bill that shuts the border tight.  NO exceptions. Or balking at it, with consequences.   GOP exploits this issue in the same way the sleazy dims do abortion.  Issue by November favors GOP, and GOP wins POTUS and down ticket.

Which of these seem preferable to you?

@catfish1957

EXCELLENT post!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2024, 02:13:17 pm »
That is a pretty roundabout way to say this is all Trump's fault, which is exactly what President Puddinhead said.

@Cyber Liberty

Funny how that works out,isn't  it.

Why,ifn weeze didun no  betta,we mite think it were planned dat way! (SARCASM ALERT FOR DIM VOTERS)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2024, 02:13:59 pm »
@HikerGuy83

ROFLMAO!

WHEN was the last time the government actually shrank a dollar number that buys votes?

For that matter, when was the last time ANY government employee solved the problem they were hired to address?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2024, 02:22:38 pm »
2 is never never never going to happen.

So fold your arms and cross your legs and say no no no no.....

And we'll continue to get a lot more than 5,000 a week.

Happy ?  Hope so.  Because you could have something.  But you got NOTHING.

@HikerGuy83

And you SERIOUSLY think we will get less by allowing 5,000 in each week?

Do you REALLY think those we let in and provide with EVERYTHING they need,won't be writing back home and telling their whole damn village to "move north,where the living is easy?"

NEVER in all of recorded history to you get less of ANYTHING by allowing something to happen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2024, 02:34:09 pm »
For that matter, when was the last time ANY government employee solved the problem they were hired to address?

@Bigun

A micro-second ago?

You  are painting with  a VERY broad brush!

I have more experience that I like to think about dealing with government employees at the "window level" that start the conversations with "Can I help you?",and I honestly can't think of a many times that whoever was at the customer window didn't try their best.

Yeah,there are ALWAYS exceptions to any rule,but Affirmative Action hires are the fault of our legislators,and not the fault of the agency itself.

Granted,when you get to the big-bucks jobs like MD's in veterans hospitals,things change because of budget considerations,and the doctors that can't get jobs elsewhere can always find a job at a VA Medical Center or some place equivalent. And even in places like VA hospitals, there are doctors and nurses that work their asses off to do the best they can while working within a system that at times seems to work against itself.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 02:37:53 pm »
@Bigun

A micro-second ago?

You  are painting with  a VERY broad brush!

I have more experience that I like to think about dealing with government employees at the "window level" that start the conversations with "Can I help you?",and I honestly can't think of a many times that whoever was at the customer window didn't try their best.

Yeah,there are ALWAYS exceptions to any rule,but Affirmative Action hires are the fault of our legislators,and not the fault of the agency itself.

Granted,when you get to the big-bucks jobs like MD's in veterans hospitals,things change because of budget considerations,and the doctors that can't get jobs elsewhere can always find a job at a VA Medical Center or some place equivalent. And even in places like VA hospitals, there are doctors and nurses that work their asses off to do the best they can while working within a system that at times seems to work against itself.

The instant ANY gooberment official actually solves a problem their job ceases to exist. That's exactly why they tend to exacerbate problems instead of fixing them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2024, 04:46:46 pm »
@HikerGuy83

And you SERIOUSLY think we will get less by allowing 5,000 in each week?

That is not a quota.  It is a trigger.

To answer your question: yes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2024, 04:48:03 pm »
The instant ANY gooberment official actually solves a problem their job ceases to exist. That's exactly why they tend to exacerbate problems instead of fixing them.

@Bigun

Not true. Name one person or position in government,or any  other organization that has "management level" workers who only  have ONE job.

Bleep happens,be it in the private sector,or in government.

We do NOT live in a one-dimensional world.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2024, 04:49:22 pm »
@catfish1957

We either stop un-controlled  "immigration",or it WILL be the end of America.

Please get familiar with what the bill was saying.

Never does it say, it's O.K. to let 5K in (anymore than it does now).

The 5K number is a trigger.  The border shuts down...period.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2024, 04:50:43 pm »

I get what you are referencing. 

But you are totally overgeneralizing.

Police are government employees.  Do you NOT want them around ?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2024, 04:53:31 pm »

@HikerGuy83

Meaningless surrender monkey babble.

The border should ALWAYS be shut  down  to anyone entering the US illegally.

Yeah,making it legal WILL reduce the number of arrests and deportations,but that is moving in the wrong  direction.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2024, 04:58:43 pm »
That is not a quota.  It is a trigger.

To answer your question: yes.

I really think you aren't that naive.  Think about it:

1. You are basically legalizing illegal immigration.  Good luck with any tangible future enforcement to deal with it.  You have no idea how precedent setting this is.
2. 5000?  You really think that number sticks?  Are there going to tickers to keep an accurate count, considreing there are probably 2 dozen hard road points fo entry between U.S, and Mexico.  And how are you going to count those taking the rural route?
3. On the 5000 number again....   Watch that number creep up based on dimocratic pressures.  By then this will already be regrettable legislation
4. Documentation?  Are these 5000/per day going to be given cards or ID's.  How will you try to prevent fraudluent counterfeting of ID's or what ever will be used.  Usually dims don't think things through.  Sadly the GOP has caught the same disease.
5 How about the mad rushes everyday to get one of those 5000 passes?  Does your idea cover the army that will be needed for crowd control?
6. You realize that if there is specific congressional legislation, that it will make it that much harder for DJT to correct this via EO if he wins in November?

Again...think this through, before endorsing this madness..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:01:29 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2024, 04:59:13 pm »
I get what you are referencing. 

But you are totally overgeneralizing.

Police are government employees.  Do you NOT want them around ?

Never said that and never will. Police put Band-Aids on problems they don't solve them (except when they are forced to eleminate a specific problem.) It's the same with all government employees. In fact, when you look at goobernment payroll structures you will find that salaries are often dependent on how many people are under one's supervision. That's a huge driving factor in why problems get exacerbated rather than fixed. There is no incentive to actually fix anything within the government.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2024, 05:06:14 pm »

You really believe that?  The 5K number incentivizes fudging the numbers (like with Unemployment) to ensure the official number never goes over 5K.

The current tolerance (according to law) is Zero.  Any number above that expressly confirms Illegals are dandy.

You are naive to believe a promise like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2024, 05:09:30 pm »
You really believe that?  The 5K number incentivizes fudging the numbers (like with Unemployment) to ensure the official number never goes over 5K.

The current tolerance (according to law) is Zero.  Any number above that expressly confirms Illegals are dandy.

You are naive to believe a promise like that.

By enumeration and by design this becomes amnesty.  This is one of the most disturbing pending legislative disasters I've seen since Obamacare.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:19:44 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2024, 05:19:04 pm »
Liberal Dems can't count ... their reported 5,000 could be really 75,000.

I can't trust Biden to the job he's already chosen not to do for the past 3 years.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2024, 05:38:50 pm »
Liberal Dems can't count ...

@DefiantMassRINO

Don't try short-changing them on a business deal,or you will find out how well they can count when they want to.

The "big boys" are now bored with  being mere "Financial Titans",and want to be "Masters of the Universe".

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2024, 06:17:16 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2024, 02:48:39 pm »
@HikerGuy83

Meaningless surrender monkey babble.

The border should ALWAYS be shut  down  to anyone entering the US illegally.

Yeah,making it legal WILL reduce the number of arrests and deportations,but that is moving in the wrong  direction.

Thank you for admitting that you'd rather have 100% of nothing instead of 50% of something.

Do you really think there will ever be a day where you will rule the world like that ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2024, 02:55:56 pm »
I really think you aren't that naive.  Think about it:

1. You are basically legalizing illegal immigration.  Good luck with any tangible future enforcement to deal with it.  You have no idea how precedent setting this is.
2. 5000?  You really think that number sticks?  Are there going to tickers to keep an accurate count, considreing there are probably 2 dozen hard road points fo entry between U.S, and Mexico.  And how are you going to count those taking the rural route?
3. On the 5000 number again....   Watch that number creep up based on dimocratic pressures.  By then this will already be regrettable legislation
4. Documentation?  Are these 5000/per day going to be given cards or ID's.  How will you try to prevent fraudluent counterfeting of ID's or what ever will be used.  Usually dims don't think things through.  Sadly the GOP has caught the same disease.
5 How about the mad rushes everyday to get one of those 5000 passes?  Does your idea cover the army that will be needed for crowd control?
6. You realize that if there is specific congressional legislation, that it will make it that much harder for DJT to correct this via EO if he wins in November?

Again...think this through, before endorsing this madness..

What I think is that you've made up your mind about what you think the bill is instead of what it really represents:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/does-new-immigration-bill-5000-illegal-border-crossings-per-day-rcna136656

From what I can tell, it slows everything down from what it is today.

Trump is either stupid (which is really a possibility) or lying (a bigger possibility).

From the article:

Migrants would not be able to just cross the border illegally under the new bill. It would end the practice of "catch and release," in which Border Patrol agents release migrants into the U.S. while they await immigration hearings.

Instead, migrants who tried to cross the border illegally would be detained immediately, with their asylum claims decided while they were in detention. People would be removed immediately within 15 days if they failed their asylum claim interviews.

The bill does provide exceptions from detention for unaccompanied minors and families even if they cross the border illegally between ports of entry. But those migrants would be placed under community supervision; what that looks like would be at the discretion of the Department of Homeland Security.

Now, please tell me how ending catch and release is a bad thing.