Exclusive Content > Editorials

What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?

<< < (3/24) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on February 08, 2024, 05:54:57 pm ---And there you have it.

Where is the GOP on that one ?  No Where.

But we trust them ?????

Trust no one.  No one has earned it.

--- End quote ---

For that matter, and I'll state the obvious; BOTH parties have FAILED the American people.  Partisan lines have been drawn, stealing of elections, false accusations, and a party who allows them to get away with what they have. Leadership in both parties are corrupt as well as the DOJ.  So, you are right.  Trust no one, though I still trust a few in our Congress.

I trust the governor of FL; DeSantis and a few other governors. That's sadly about it.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on February 08, 2024, 05:53:56 pm ---Doing it your way ==> Less border patrol agents.

5000 is better that what we have now and we can always shrink that number.

This is nothing but a hatchet job orchestrated for campaign reasons.

I don't trust ANYBODY.

--- End quote ---

Let me clue you into a tad of political strategery.......

Scenario 1-  Johnson and the House agree, 5K daily becomes legal and the standard. Legal  Illegical immigration starts, becomes institutionalized,  and never ends.  Becomes big political win for Biden despite already letting in millons.  Biden wins in November based on perceved but incorrect  improving economy, and border improvement

or

Scenario 2- House holds the line, and forces the dims and RINOs int only a bill that shuts the border tight.  NO exceptions. Or balking at it, with consequences.   GOP exploits this issue in the same way the sleazy dims do abortion.  Issue by November favors GOP, and GOP wins POTUS and down ticket.

Which of these seem preferable to you?

Bigun:
What the hell good is yet another law for the bastards to ignore?

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Bigun on February 08, 2024, 06:28:19 pm ---What the hell good is yet another law for the bastards to ignore?

--- End quote ---
But...But...it'll be doing something, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! even if the doing something actually doesn't do Jack or Sh!t, accept of course give the democraps another win where they parade around holding the GOPe's Balls.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on February 08, 2024, 02:13:50 pm ---Seems like we wanted it.

Then we didn't want it.

I am particularly troubled by statements by people like Rand Paul who said it was done "in secret" and hidden from view.  Does that really happen in the senate or house where a bill is hidden from other house members ?

Then there is the optics of the GOP saying they want the bill (or many of them did) and encouraged the negotiations. 

Then Trump comes out against it. 

And suddenly things turn.

Even if it's not the case, the GOP senate certainly looks like a group of Trump lapdogs.

Seems we can't do enough to shoot our selves in the foot, arse, and head.

--- End quote ---

That is a pretty roundabout way to say this is all Trump's fault, which is exactly what President Puddinhead said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version