Author Topic: Forced to buy Chinese against my will  (Read 7939 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Forced to buy Chinese against my will
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2024, 01:44:41 am »
American vehicle manufacturer were proudly demanding $130,000 for pick-up trucks in recent years.  Japanese and Chinese are offering pick-up trucks for $2,000, $5,000, and $10,000 recently, while American auto industry hires more and more foreigners to work in their plants, who often spend their money back home.  A woke utopian scenario much advanced by Joe Bidens utopian paradise.  Those that march their lock-step much ignore those consequences.
Here we are the supporters insist their hands are clean.  The wicked are so innocent nowadays.  Doncha know?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

???? A $2,000 new pick up truck???   A $130,000 pick up truck??  No, I honestly had know idea, these prices seem a bit off to me. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2024, 01:51:21 am »
Last I looked all laptops are made in four factories in China. All of em. Of course, it's been a while since I looked... But I betcha that's close to true. Phones are all Asian made. TVs. pretty much all small appliances. And what ain't made in China probably has Chinese components.

@roamer_1

The fact that so many people are so greedy they can't see how they are cutting their own throats by enriching the Chinese Communists is a freaking mystery to me.

They are NOT our friends.

I get why you're barking, but that horse left the barn long ago, while you were sleeping on the porch.  happy77

"Sleeping on the porch"?

I lived in Asia for a little over 4 years. I would PREFER that American workers made American products,but I realize that ship has sailed.

What I hate are the freaking Chinese Communists. Whoever it was in government that decided to allow the Chi-Coms to sell their slave labor cheap crap in the US,should be tried to treason and facing a firing squad.

And it should surprise no one that you can buy cheaper goods from a police state where everyone but the leadership are prisoners,and ashamed of yourself for buying it if you have any other options and HAVE to have it.

Seems today like the only way  to get around that is to buy used item's. You might still be buying slave-labor crap,but the slave masters will not be getting  even ONE thin  dime of your money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2024, 02:03:36 am »
American vehicle manufacturer were proudly demanding $130,000 for pick-up trucks in recent years.  Japanese and Chinese are offering pick-up trucks for $2,000, $5,000, and $10,000 recently, while American auto industry hires more and more foreigners to work in their plants, who often spend their money back home.  A woke utopian scenario much advanced by Joe Bidens utopian paradise.  Those that march their lock-step much ignore those consequences.
Here we are the supporters insist their hands are clean.  The wicked are so innocent nowadays.  Doncha know?

Who cares? American cars are crap.

Online DB

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2024, 02:35:59 am »
How exactly do you determine if something is "American made" or not?

My business designs and sale products all over the world. The metal fabrication (CNC and sheet metal) is done in the US. The components we use come from all over the world. The majority of the high dollar parts come from companies based in the US who produce the parts all over the world, next highest dollar parts are Japanese and European based companies that also produce their products all over the world. The remaining parts come directly from Taiwan which some of come from mainland China. These remaining parts are typically things like PCB fabrication and some connectors.

The assembly of the PCBs through to the top level assembly are done here.

A number of high dollar, high end parts that are fabricated in Taiwan are working themselves to new fabrication facilities being opened/built here now.

Where was that product made?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2024, 02:37:47 am »

If it has good quality parts, but is poorly engineered, then it is American made.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2024, 02:39:58 am »

My business designs and sale products all over the world. The metal fabrication (CNC and sheet metal) is done in the US. The components we use come from all over the world. The majority of the high dollar parts come from companies based in the US who produce the parts all over the world, next highest dollar parts are Japanese and European based companies that also produce their products all over the world. The remaining parts come directly from Taiwan which some of come from mainland China. These remaining parts are typically things like PCB fabrication and some connectors.

The assembly of the PCBs through to the top level assembly are done here.

A number of high dollar, high end parts that are fabricated in Taiwan are working themselves to new fabrication facilities being opened/built here now.

Where was that product made?

Great post @DB I can't help wondering how much our F'd up tax system has to do with driving most production operations out of this country.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 02:43:09 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2024, 02:41:06 am »
American vehicle manufacturer were proudly demanding $130,000 for pick-up trucks in recent years.  Japanese and Chinese are offering pick-up trucks for $2,000, $5,000, and $10,000 recently,

@Christrian

In WHAT universe is this happening?

2024 Toyota Tacoma | Toyota.com

Mark Healey with the 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter ; SR. $31,500

I bought a new Toyota Camry with the 4 cylinder engine  2 years ago,and paid around 28 K for it,and bought  it because I couldn't  afford to buy the Toyota pu I would have preferred.

Here is a Toyota pu add for you to enjoy. Buy  two while you are there,because the dealers can't keep one on the lot.

2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab
Vehicle Type: front-engine, rear/4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door pickup

PRICE
Base/As Tested: $44,395/$54,155

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2024, 03:00:41 am »

In what universe can I buy a Japanese made pickup for $2000?  Or $5000?  Or $10,000?  Or hell, even $20,000?  Please, tell me what make and model that is so I can go out and buy one right now.

ETA: what @sneakypete says.   The claim is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:01:43 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2024, 03:38:20 am »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions